cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Event NO_BID_SUBMITTED

0 Kudos

Hi SRM experts,

I am on SRM 7.02, and need some help on generating emails for bidder in case he has not submitted quotes before submission deadline.

I have referred to this site and set up the configuration accordingly:

http://scn.sap.com/people/ramakrishna.rallapalli/blog/2008/07/20/bidder-alert-notifications

1) In the configuration "Define Event Schema", I have defined for BUS2200, Schema RFQ,

Event: NO_BID_SUBMITTED

Event Category: Alert

Subcategory of Event: SRM_BID_INVITATION

Event Deadline in Hours = 72-

(I want daily reminders for vendor - one email each day for three days)

2) Event deadline monitoring is active in workflow automatic customising

3) I have scheduled RSALERTPROC as a daily batch job.

4) In ALRTCATDEF the Max no of dels. for SRM_BID_INV is = 3.

A mail is sent out to the vendor, with the subject "Please check bid invitation  .. "

Now my requirement is that

A) I should be able to edit the mail text that is being sent out to the vendor. Currently this mail has a link to the particular RFX, which is not required to be sent as it sends the SRM direct link and the vendor has to log in through another portal. I need to remove this link.

B) The reminder mail should stop after the submission deadline is passed. However in our case lets say a RFX is published with submission deadline after 1 day only. In this case a reminder email is sent immediately after publish (event deadline monitoring job runs every 3 minutes) and then RSALERTPROC job sends out 2 more reminders for 2 days, even though submission deadline is already past.

I have tried to change the long text in ALRTCATDEF however this link still comes by default.

I have tried to activate the BADI BBP_ALERTING; but it is not getting called in this process.

I have tried BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF but this is also not getting called. In any case the form BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION does not look like the email that is getting sent out.

Can you please give me an idea of how to proceed ?

Also, what is the difference between "Alert" and "notification" in the customising "Defne Event Schema" ? If I chose "Notification" for NO_BID_SUBMITTED instead of "Alert", no emails are getting sent out from my system.

Please help.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

A) try to maintain EXT_ITS (Vendor portal URL) attribute within organizational structure

B) I do not thing you need to run the report RSALERTPROC - deadlines are being watched by
standard workflow reports that is why the notification gets issued immediately in case the deadline is reached in moment of posting the document. Alerting in case of past submission deadline is a task for OSS or try to find a SAP NOTE first.

Are you sure that BAdI gets not called? I think it is called in background using WF-BATCH user. Try an endless loop within implementation. Same with the SMARTFORM BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION - it should be called.

In case you select "notification" an e-mail should be send. Please check trx.  SOST.

Please check wiki - it would be helpful.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Thanks Tomas for the pointers.

Our requirement is that a reminder email should be sent to the bidder 3 times, starting from 3 days before the RFX deadline.

Based on the configuration "Define Event Schema" above, the system sends an email to the vendor when the scheduled job for program RSWFSLSDLEX  runs.

At the same time, an entry is created in the table SALRT for this alert.

Next time, when the batch job for report RSALERTPROC runs, it picks up this alert and delivers a repeat email to the vendor.  This it does for a maximum of 3 times, as defined in the transaction

ALRTCATDEF.

However, when RSALERTPROC job sends out the reminder email, it does not check whether the event deadline is passed, or the vendor has already submitted the RFX response.

Could you help with how we can control this email sent out by RSALERTPROC ?

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (0)