SAP for Travel and Transportation Discussions
Fuel conversations about route optimization, customer convenience, and operational efficiency in travel and transportation using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods reciption into Transit

perwennerberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

We need to make a good reciption of an purchase order before we have the goods on site.

We need this because we need to pay the invoice before the goods has arrived on site.

So when have have received the goods and the quality control has been done we can release the material to production.

Can we use "Goods in transit" for this or is there any other built-in solution for this in SAP?

Best regards,

Per Wennerberg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per

I am not sure if SAP has a specia solution for this.

However I have 2 ideas that could fulfill the requirement

- Goods reciept the purchase order anytime or as soon as the PO is acknowledged or just after the PO creation. It doesn't have to be on the day of actual goods delivered.

This allows you to process invoice and make the payment prior to delivery

However you have to be careful with  the quantity/quality of material delivered. In case not, then it opens up lengthy returns process.

- There is another option SAP MM (vendor master)  - GR based INV. If you leave this checkbox untick then you can generate invoice without goods reciepting.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per

I am not sure if SAP has a specia solution for this.

However I have 2 ideas that could fulfill the requirement

- Goods reciept the purchase order anytime or as soon as the PO is acknowledged or just after the PO creation. It doesn't have to be on the day of actual goods delivered.

This allows you to process invoice and make the payment prior to delivery

However you have to be careful with  the quantity/quality of material delivered. In case not, then it opens up lengthy returns process.

- There is another option SAP MM (vendor master)  - GR based INV. If you leave this checkbox untick then you can generate invoice without goods reciepting.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos

Thank you, Sana. I will look into this.

Best regards,

Per Wennerberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP MM has several options for this, the one most commonly used is Goods receipts into blocked stock (Movement type 103 - as against 101).  Goods received with this movement type is not valuated & is not shown under available stock. This could be the PO qty or invoice qty.This then goes through quality inspection & is then released through movement (105 - GR released from blocked stock) at which point it updates the inventory as available stock. This can be based on the actual qty received. In case of difference between PO & invoice qty the difference will go to Price difference or inventory as per the price settings.

The other option is to use the movements 107/109 both of which will allow material into valuated stock. These movement types along with the option of 'Rough GR' may help in your scenario.

Check out > ERP > SPRO > MM > Inventory management > Rough GR. Please go through the help documentation for this it may give you an idea. 

Regards

Hema.

0 Kudos

Dear Hema,

I've made a GR into blocked stock (103). But there don't seems to be any FI documents generated from the GR.

Is there anything we can do to get SAP to generate the "Accounting Document" and "Profit center document"?

These are the ordinary dokuments created after a GR (101).

Best regards,

Per Wennerberg

0 Kudos

Hi Per,

103 movement does not update inventory account. That is why it is called as GR into Blocked stock. This means that

1. The goods are at the gate but you do not want to post to a/c'g without checking the quality first

2. Or I thought this could help in your scenario where you can make a provisional GR when the goods are in transit to proceed with your invoice. (This behaves the same way as Non-GR based IV)

The movement 105 is used later to unblock the goods from blocked stock into unrestricted stock, where in the GR A/c'g is posted. (Same as 101).

It is because I thought these options could be combursome, I suggested that you try the 'Rough GR' functionality that is used along with the inbound delivery option. Let me try this out tomorrow & see how it works. Will get back to you with more details.

Regards

Hema.