cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption issue in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have encountered forecast consumption issue in SNP planning book, instead of consuming the forecast, the sales order and delivery quantity is adding and showing in the total demand.

This issue happening only for few products

Few weeks back we have changed the strategy group  and period indicator in ECC

Strategy group from 40 to Y2 in & period indicator M to W , in requirement strategy Y2 we have given new category group YK1 instead of K01. In YK1 category group we have added BA, BM and BR category groups.

Master data in product master..

Proposed Strategy – Y2

Consumption Mode – 3  Bwd Consumption Per -0 Fwd Consumption Per -1

Check mode – 050 Checkg Horizon -2

Forecast consumption in RRP3, it is working fine, it is not working in planning book and in RRP3 forecast tab values are blank.

In Sales order requirements type is showing as KSV

Forecast was released after changing the strategy as Z2, but when i checked at RRP3 periods tab i can see two requirement strategies like __FC req. / Y2 / PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY MTO / Orig.

And __FC req. / 20 / PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY / Orig.

Total forecast values are showing at strategy 20 level not Y2 level.

The product which is working fine forecast is showing at Z2 level , I don’t see strategy 20 in RRP3 – periods tab

I have rerun the report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST, but issue still persists

Please help me….

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We once met the similar issue before. We found that all the error products have the change history from MTS to MTO or the vice versa. To avoid the error, you have to delete the forecast from DP planning book when change planning strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Lucy

Do i need to delete the forecast from DP planning book or SNP planning book, Because I have deleted the forecast for one product from SNP planning book and released again, then forecast consumption is working fine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala

Delete the forecast from SNP planning book can solve the issue immediately. Considering  the source of forecast comes from DP, I would like to suggest to update forecast in DP planning book also  in case of future release from DP to SNP cause the error again.

Best regards

Lucy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have deleted the forecast from SNP Planning book and released again from DP, now issue is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopala,

For the products with issue, please delete all transactional data (Forecast, STR, STO, PL.Orders, Pr.Orders, etc.) and then transfer again master data from ECC by CIF.

Then release the forecast and re-run the heuristic.

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

I am a Demand Planner and looking for a tutor for SAP APO/DP & SNP and would appreciate for any training, knowledge or information I can get from smbd who is working with it on a daily basis. I have a book SCM 220 and know how to create characteristics, key figures, planning area, mpos, simple macro, etc. I am ready to pay hourly or per course.

Please, let me know if you or smbd you know can help me with that.

I would very much appreciate, any of your help or advise.

My cell: 416 939 5084

email: LTarassova@hotmail.com

Kind regards,

Larisa.

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopala,

Forecast Consumption issue - Oftentimes when master data settings change after the sales order has already created and consumed, it's necessary to re-run the forecast consumption using this report to solve the inconsistency in the planning book.
Report - /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST

Another option, Changing the SO date back and forth could resolved the issue as well, because it would simulate what the report would do.

May be re-release the forecast from DP to SNP, this should help as well. It will create new planning entries.

Please retry and it may help you.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare