Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

JDBC to Proxy scenario

Hi Experts,

I am having a requirement in my JDBC -> PI --> Proxy scenario, like in database PI need to fetch the data from two tables and need to update these fields into a single table of SAP through Proxy. Am not able to deside the approch how I need to develop the ESR part. Because am having 2 similar fields in table 1 and table 2, due to this am feeling difficulty to create the DT types by taking the duplicate names.

So please suggest me how I can handle this scenario by fetching data from 2 tables of database.

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regrads

Raj

Former Member
replied

Hi Raj,

My recommendation would be to either handle it through stored procedure or get a staging table created in the database.

What will a stored procedure do:

It will retrieve the data from the 2 tables based on the foreign key relationship and PI will simply get the output which is a direct input to the SAP table.

What will the staging table do:

It will hold the record for the SAP table. Database team will populate this table with a batch job based on Select|Join (you can discuss the solution with them). PI will just poll this DB table and read the records. Can be done by Select query and Update flag.

This will facilitate a simple design.

Hope it answers your question.

Ambrish

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question