cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use IDoc Packaging in PI 7.11 for time and count scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN

I am working on IDoc to file scenario (PI7.1). My scenario is to collect IDocs received from SAP ECC and create one target file in csv format. I would like to understand how to design this interface incase of below 2 scenarios"

1. IDocs needs to bundled from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and sent as a single file to target system. Here bundling is happening based on time.

2. IDocs of count 100 needs to be bundled and sent to target system. Here bundling is happening based upon count.

Do I need to use BPMs for these scenarions?

Can't I achieve this with IDoc packaging concept introduced from PI 7.11 onwards. Please let me know the prerequisites from both ABAP and PI 7.11 side to achieve these two scenarios. Prerequisites like Collect IDocs in partner profile setting at ABAP and Using Sender IDoc adapter in PI 7.11 etc

Thanks

Achuth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Do I need to use BPMs for these scenarions?

no,

>>>>Can't I achieve this with IDoc packaging concept introduced from PI 7.11 onwards.

you can

>>>like Collect IDocs in partner profile setting at ABAP and Using Sender IDoc adapter in PI 7.11 etc

in WE20 - collect IDOCs - and then just send them after 5:00

in case you need to send in 100 make sure the package size is 100 (if it's less then 100 it will still be send but max will be 100)

then sender IDOC channel - idoc package checkbox

that's all from config point of view I guess,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk