Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Existing Jobs not listed in SAP CPS

Dear Experts,

I am very new to SAP CPS. So please bear with me for this silly question.

My client is about to implement the SAP CPS in their environment. My doubt is regarding the existing jobs already running in the system.

I installed the SAP CPS in the sandboz environment and connected with sandbox system however am not able to monitor the jobs which are already running in the system via CPS.

However i created a job via CPS and able to monitor the same. so after implementing the SAP CPS do i need to reschedule all the jobs via SAP CPS?

How do i proceed further? Please provide some light on this issue.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
Former Member replied

Monitoring = No scheduling controlled in CPS - you just have visibility from there.

Interception = CPS takes over scheduling for jobs matching patterns in rules

Full Job Control = (a) import existing jobs to CPS to "live" there - use standard CPS import jobs - e.g. SAP_ImportCcmsJobs (b) any new jobs setup in CPS, not SAP. Now CPS is can become central location for batch job control for all connected systems (and not just SAP - UNIX crontab jobs, etc, etc).

Does this answer your question? Normally during initial projects to implement CPS in an existing environment you'll need a cutover plan to move live jobs from SAP to CPS. If you have any existing complex tools for batch job control you may want to just intercept or monitor them initially.

( NB CPS = SAP CPS by Redwood, so it is still a SAP system, but hopefully this all makes sense to you. In my text I refer to moving jobs from "SAP" as in all other SAP systems CPS manages batch jobs for.

NNB Make sure you've enabled XBP in managed systems per the admin guide)

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question