cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in basic configuration of CA wily introscope.

tejas_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

while trying to upgrade wily introscope  Enterprise manager on solution manager  FROM VERSION 8.2.3.5  TO 9.1.5 , i am getting error in basic configuration step 3.1 CA wily introscope configuration.

the status of EM stays RED and manageable is GREEN.

in details it says cannot retrieve status.

in EMADMIN it shows GREEN under administrable and under EM State it shows grayed out cross mark.

when I try to Reload configuration in the basic configuration step 3.1

it says

Warnings occured while updating the EM Technical systems in LMDB :

EM Instance <HOSTNAME>:6001 -> Cannot create 'IPServicePort' Service Port for 'J1764934570_6001__USR_SAP_CCMS_APMINTROSCOPE.SystemHome.<hostname>' caused by : Instance already exists: SAP_IPServicePort.CreationClassName="SAP_IPServicePort",Name="sapisWLY",SystemCreationClassName="SAP_ISEMServer",SystemName="J1764934570_6001__USR_SAP_CCMS_APMINTROSCOPE.SystemHome.<hostname>"

I am not able to solve this error.

Help

Message was edited by: tejas patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Try the following:

Basic Configuration Step 3.1 > Save : Fails with "Instance already exists: SAP_IPServicePort"

Remove it manually.

1) Start the Landscape Browser
2) Button "Jump to" > LMDB Administration - Expert UI
3) Tab Instance Browser
4) CIM Classname "is" SAP_IPServicePort  CIM Reference String "contains" WLY Search
5) Delete manually the line causing the problem.
6) Save

7) Repeat steps 4) 5) 6) with CIM Classname "is" SAP_HTTPServicePort as it will also fail with this eventual relict.

Then you can process again the step 3.1

Then you can process again step 5 > "Create Self-Mon Scenario"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hugo

tejas_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanx Hugo.

your reply was helpful. although the warning of CIM class was removed, My status of wily is still RED stating cannot retrieved status.

In the logs section it says Warning: Many applications will not work without Enterprise Manager

When I check installation status , the new entry under Data source intern for version 9.1.5 is Administrable i.e. GREEN. But the EM state is a grayed out cross.

Also another entry exists  of old version 8.2.3.5 exists with administrable status and a RED cross for EM state.

i am not able to determine why the status cannot be retrieved in step 3.1 even though the EM is running and all the steps of configuration have been followed properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I'm facing a similar problem. Could you solve this problem already for your system?

Thanks

Pascal

tejas_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

with the above solution I was not able to solve the problem.

I reinstalled the DIagnostic agent on both, Solution manager and managed system.

then again connected my EM to diagnostic agent in Step 3.1 Basic Configuration.

For now, the "Cannot retrive staus " error has been resolved/replaced with the new error

Now the status in step 3.1 says " cannot connect. connection refused.

in emadmin error says java.net.connectexception: connection refused.

also when i try to configure managed system  in step 7 : configure automatically

for introscope host adapter, error shown is:

Retrieving list of enterprise manager failed (obvious) and All configured enterprise managers are offline. check configuration.

for byte code adapter, error shown is:

SoapFaultCode:4 For input string: "2

For JVM parameters, error shown is:

Remote error: Connection to P4 port of managed system failed.

P4 connection could not be established.

no configuration found for key SID/sapj2ee/msgserver/host. detected self managing scenario.

You need to first adapt the connectivity of diagnostics agent used for the managed system SID, before you could proceed with this setup. therefore change the agent connection type for the SID relevant diagnostics agent to p4 dispatcher, before you run again this setup.This connection update has to be performed in the agent administration under agent connectivity. you could access the agent administration from root cause analysis workcenter.

I have connected the agent to solution manager by

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://<HOSTNAME>" port:"81$$" user:"<username>" pwd:"<password>"

./smdsetup.sh sldconf hostname:"<HOSTNAME>" port:"81$$" user:"<username>" pwd:"<passowrd>"

help.

Message was edited by: tejas patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Please check the below notes

1820491 - Wily Introscope with ID WLY was not found in the landscape

1900093  - Warning "Instance already exists" occurs while importing existing EM in Step 3.1 of Basi...

Rg,

Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have the same problem.

Introscope 9.7 and Solman 7.1 SP8.

Any ideas which might be helpful?

I tried already to do the steps again, clear the classes and also to reconnect the agent....

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I could see, that domains.xml and users.xml had the wrong authortiy in config-dir.

After that all errors in DAA log are gone, however I still get the error "Cannot retrieved status".

Any other ideas...otherwise I have to open a ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anon 123,

Introscope 9.7 is supported starting from the following Solution Manager support packages:

• Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 (LM-SERVICE 7.10 SP12 Patch 4, see Note 2135447)
  • Solution Manager 7.1 SP13 (LM-SERVICE 7.10 SP13 Patch 1, see Note 2142248)
  • Solution Manager 7.1 SP14

You could upgrade your Solman 7.1 to SPS 12 or higher or use compatible Wily EM.

Check out SAPnote 2138309 - Introscope 9.7 Release Notes for changes and open issues

Also helpful SAPnote 797147 - Introscope Installation for SAP Customers

Best regards,

Tomas Zvonek