cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Standard Flow Diagram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any Standard Flow diagram for DMS available i check almost all the related links but i am unable to get the flow diagram.

Please do the needful.

Regards,

Harsha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Please find below how every document management system work in general. I took this picture from google search and I always use it for giving training and overviews during project. This picture given a audiance a clear understanding of how a Document lifecycle works.

Refer the Top part and ignore the below rendering part.

Always a document is created by a person. Once a document is created it is reviewed by a person or group of persons. Once it is reviewed it is send for approval to a person or persons. The document is then released by aaaproved persons in the organization for various purposes such as for prodcution, design, projects etc. in the organization. This is a general process.

Now in each company there may be different ways a document is following a lifcycle. When you do a study of the business process to be mapped for a document in SAP DMS you will get the idea of how the lifecyle is followed in a company and then you can confirgure these lifecycles/status in the SAP DMS. So there is not standard flow.

Hope I have cleared your query.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Can you please elaborate more on what specifically you are looking for.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

I got the exact answer from the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SAP+Document+Management+System+(CA-DMS).

What exactly my requirement is he need total flow of SAP and i make a flow chart depending on my customization and from the above pasted link and from your reply too.

Thank You.

Regards,

Harsha.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi harsha,

Flow diagram will come what you configured settings for document status in DC 10  and u should customize automatic work flow and activate it. When ever document status changes in CV02N then the work flow will start .

Regards,

Chandu.