cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Timeout in JDBC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous scenariou which fetches record from DB using JDBC receiver. Also, I have a BPM which does an async-sync bridge.

Recently in production we got a file which were hanging in the send synchronous step and finally giving a ICM_HTTP Timeout error.

We increased the timeout to 600 seconds, increased the java heap space error but still facing the same issue.

We suspected whether this might be due to the number of records being fetched for each record. But surprisingly, when i checked the jdbc channel, it has not even initiated call request.

I executed the same file in Q and found the same error. In one instance the PI java server iteself went down and came back in 4 mins.  After we increased the java heap space error, now we are getting only timeout error.

Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402 , error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT) (See attachment HTMLError for details)</

Error:-5
Version:7200
Component:ICM
Date/Time:Tue Aug 20 22:25:45 2013
Module:icxxthr_mt.c
Line:4295
Server:sappip00_PI1_25
Error Tag:{-}
Detail:Connection to partner timed out after 600s

Is this error related to jdbc receiver and if so i can't see any call request in the audit log.

Please let me know what else config i need to do to analyse this issue.

Regards

Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

You need to analyze if the payload is not too big (running into thousands of records), then the TIME_OUT value of 600 seconds is more than sufficient.

Are you able to connect to this database system?

It might also be due to firewall issues.

Check with your basis team if they are able to ping the DB host from OS level. If yes, then you need to check the guide posted by Pranil and look at configuration parameters or performance enhancement techniques.

Ambrish