cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect FTP server via internet proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Experts

In my current project I have run into a scenario wherein I have to pick the files from an external FTP server (which is not on client network) via the internet proxy server.

I am using SAP PI 7.3 which provides the option for FTP proxy and I have tried using it in all permutation and combinations but still fail to get it work.

Either running into 'The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 520 Unexpected reply codeControl connection prematurely closed by server'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor' error or into

'Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "xxx": java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect' error.

Any pointers on how to configure the Sender FTP communication channel to connect an external FTP server via internet proxy would be highly appreciated.

Note: - The Firewall settings have been correctly configured and I am able to connect to the FTP server via Internet explorer but instead of ftp://ipaddress, I am accessing the FTP  server via ftp://username:password@ipaddress link as the former one (ftp://ipaddress) doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Nishad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

My Suggestion about the above error is  ,

1. May be "n" number of connections met FTP server at a time, so you can inactive all other unused communication channels using FTP adapters because FTP server is capable of response to few requests.
  2. First try to use PI server's local drive instead of FTP server.
  3. Change Transport protocol  as File system (NFS) in integration directory.

Thanks,

Ragav.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> I am able to connect to the FTP server via Internet explore

that does not mean that PI server can access it - ping the IP from PI server to see if there are not firewalls,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As said, I am able to access the FTP server using FTP://username:password@ftpipaddress in the internet explorer but not when I use FTP://ftpipaddress.

Hence, when I try to ping just the ftpipadress from PI server's command prompt it doesnt get connected.

Thanks

Nishad