cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Filter in Business Rule - GRC PC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could anyone explain the functionality of the Conditions and Calculations tab in Business rule.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member297955
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

This tab will help you in defining BRF+ rule, while creating BR, if you need any additional filters to be added, based on you data you choose for analysis.

Regards,

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

Can you elaborate the procedure of defining the conditions (with an example) or is there any document where i can find the same.As when i was trying to define additional filter for one of the deficiency it is not giving the expected output.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Refer to the wiki

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/Business+Rule+Functionality+in+Process+Control+10.0.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky Sharma,

Thanks for the reply

The link shared by you is showing the following message:

"The page you were trying to reach does not exist."

So can you please confirm the URL.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

The link from Silky is correctly. Try to copy and paste the link in your browser and in case it still not work, you can follow the next step by step in order to find it:

- click over this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/

- locate Process Control 10.0;

- click the + signal in order expand the tree;

- First line right below says " Business Rule Functionality in Process Control 10.0";

- Click the link above and you will find the instructions from Silky,

Please, revert back in case you need further assistance?

Thank you.

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Thanks for the reply

The given link doesn't elaborate on "conditions and calculations" tab. Can you please give detailed information (as to where and how it can be used) on this tab with an example.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Its a bit hard to give an example but why don´t you explain a bit more over what exactly do you need to build over the Business Rule and I will add my comments over it?

I can also try to recreate your scenario in my sandbox as well.

thank you.

Claud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Thanks for the response.Herewith I am giving the scenario which I was trying to build with the help of additional filter.

The Business rule is to monitor any changes made to certain fields in vendor master data.

(Say, Reconciliation Account, Check Flag for Double Invoices or Credit Memos in a particular company code)

Our plan is to monitor any changes made to these 2 fields in company code 1000 by filtering the company code in the "Filter Criteria" tab of a business rule

In addition to the above monitoring we want to monitor any changes made only to the reconciliation account of any vendor of the company code 2000 also in the same business rule.

Can this be done using the additional filter - (using Conditions option)? If so can you please assist me in understanding the procedure for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

You can see the Business rules as a SQL generator the filter and the deficiency fields are the "where" conditions.

If you are able to right an SQL instruction with the tables and the filters above, for sure you will be able to right it down in the BR.

Its a bit hard to do a step by step because we don´t have the same scenario but try my suggestion above and let me know how you are going?

Thank you.

Claud.