Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Related Billing - Return

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

I want to do a return for a order related billing. E.g-

I create an order with a line item for qty 10. Billing is created for just 3 qty. Now I want to do a return of 1 qty out of the 3 that was invoiced. how do i return in order based billing. hope you got the problem clear. Pls advice on how to do solve this. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain,

Yours is a Order Related Billing scenario. Now generally in Order Related billing there is no Delivery involved, so no question of Returns.

If in your case there is no Delivery & the Order Related Billing is say for service, you you need to create Credit Memo request with reference to Invoice & then create a Credit Memo.

You can always reduce the quantity from 3 to 1 in Credit Memo Request.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Jignesh,

I tried this process but quantity did not change after creating the credit memo request.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain,

What do you mean Quantity did not change?

1. While creating Credit Memo Request, you can change the Quanitity from 3 to 1.

2. If you are referring to quantity reduction in system, then this can happen only in case of Returns Delivery. But if in your case there is no Delivery in Sales - Billing flow then Returns Delivery is not possible. This is so because Stock Quantity was not reduced when you created Sales cylce.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

What is the Billing Relevance seting in the Credit memo req item cat. - shd be "C".

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create  Return order(Document Type-RE) With Reference Billing document.

change the quantity manually to one(1)

enter order reason and save it.

Regards,

Krishna,

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Krishna,

When I tried create a return order type I'm getting an error message saying "Copying F2 TAD  to RE is not defined". What parameters should I maintain in the copy control for invoiced quantity to increase when I do a return.