cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Sales Order from Purchase order in same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business scenario in which i am supposed to create a sales order from a purchase order. Below mentioned are some of the key points:

1. Both the SO and PO are created in the same system but in different Company Codes.

2. I am using IDOCS to perform this activity.

3. Have maintained partner profile and other configuration settings in SAP system.

4. Inbound IDOC is triggered with the following error message "VKORG, VTWEG, SPART cannot be determined for customer P210 , vendor 0000400040".

Questions:

1. I have maintained the customer vendor record in VOE2, still the error. Please let me know the reason and possible resolution.

2. The customer number displayed in error message is not my customer. Hence, this could be the reason, the sales area is not determined from VOE2.

Please help me in getting the correct Customer number in IDOC.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi in voe2 have you maintained the vendor number with prefix zeros?

For your case

customer 0000100344

Vendor 0000400040 combination maintain sales area and doc type...

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx a lot Satish for that answer. I could find the customer Sales Area now. But, Proceeding further, I am getting another error "

The material number for item 000010 could not be identified

Message no. VG203"

Please throw some light on how this error can be resolved.

Regards

Madhav

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhav,

You have to maintain vendor material number number field in PO item material data tab...You can use same material number(if both sending and receiving sysyems using same material mumber) or as per the material number in sales system... u can maintain inforecord fot material and vendor in ME11 to automatically pick in PO

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

The Vendor material record in me11 is already maintained and the material is determined in automatically generated PO.

Regards,

Madhav

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhav,

Is your issue resolved or not? In ME11 have you maintained 'vendor material number' field in general data of info record. If you maintained here then is it picked in PO or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is done. I am also able to create SO from PO, Finally...

Thanx a lot.

Regards,

Madhav

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhav,

Good to knew finally you have done that. 🙂

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I have one more issue, whenever i am creating a sales order, i have to manually go to the messages tab, and enter output type. Is it possible that this happens automatically ?

Regards,

Madhav

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhav,

Create a condition record for that message type in transaction NACE for object sales order

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot for helping me out. Apologies for mentioning SO instead for PO in previous reply.

I have one more issue, whenever i am creating a sales order PO, i have to manually go to the messages tab, and enter output type. Is it possible that this happens automatically ?

I have multiple Output Types defined for PO. Is there a way to automatically determine the Output Type depending on the PO Type (ZPO)  and not just PO (EF).

Regards,

Madhav

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Create condition record for message type NEU in transaction NACE (EF PO) or Transaction NACR with unique key combination ex.with any one of doc type (or) purorg &edi vendor etc

Note: SAP checks for matching valid condition record for message types in the order of tables maintained in access sequence of that message type. SAP picks message type from first valid condition record. If SAP founds two valid condition records for different message types then both messages will trigger. So you maintain the condition record accordingly..

Best Regards

Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check VOE1,VOE3 and VOE4 settings .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Narendra

I have Checked all these settings which are OK. I got the correct customer Number after making an entry in lfb1 table. Now the error which I am getting is "

VKORG, VTWEG, SPART cannot be determined for customer 0000100344 , vendor 0000400040"

Please Help!!

Regards,

Madhav

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please note down that Customer number and vendor number and go to XD02 ( customer ) and XK02 ( vendor ) execute with relevant Sales area and Purchasing area .see ,these two are in correct organizational units .

Thanks,

Naren