cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different names for an item while selling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our business is trading and we export material to different parts of the world.

For eg we an item called copper, when we export this material let us say to India the description to be shown as "Copper Cobra',

when we export to USA the description to be shown as "Birch Cliff as per ISRI"

How to achieve this.

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Menon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if 'customer language' is suitable for your requirement. Please, see SAP Note 112065 - Using customer language 'Z1'. Remember it could works for processes in MM (for instance, in purchase orders).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

There are couple of options available here:

1. Maintain Customer Material Infor Record.

2. While creating Sales Order user can change the Material Description, which will flow in subsequent doucments & Invoice outputs.

3. Z-Development. If you have large number of Customer & Large number of Materials, maintain a Z-Table with 3 columns - Material code, Description in India & Description in US. Now in a User exit in Program MV45AFZZ, write a ABAP code to pick required Material Description based on Distribution Channel or Destination country.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

Thanks for the reply.

our business wants it in this way eg.

10101 Copper

10101001 Copper Cobra

10101002 Birch Cliff as per ISRI

and while doing the sales order they will select from 10101001 or 10101002.

But at the time of delivery it will be of 10101.

Sales Invoice as per the sales order.

COGS calculation of 10101.

We have currently an in built ERP which maintains 10101 as a stock item and 10101001,2 as non stock items and parent child relation is maintained.

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please try to use Bill Of Materials for your case.

Have two different materials -

HEADER MATERIAL 1: (10101) Physical product (With Stock) - Item Category with Billing Relevance as "A" and the item category will have delivery possible. - Actual Delivery of your material

SUB ITEM 1 - MATERIAL 2 (10101001) : One - A Dummy material (No Stock) - Item Category with Billing Relevance as "I" and the item category will not have delivery possible. - Perform your Milestone Billing with this material.

SUB ITEM 2 - MATERIAL 3 (10101002) : One - A Dummy material (No Stock) - Item Category with Billing Relevance as "I" and the item category will not have delivery possible. - Perform your Milestone Billing with this material. - DELETE IT IF NOT REQUIRED in the sales order.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think Customer Material Info Record will be the best solution here. It will be a one time Master Data maintenance activity.

All Quantity (Stock Movement) & Value (COGS) calculations wil lbe for 10101 but on Sales Documents (sales order to Invoice & Invoice Print-out) either 10101001 or 10101002 will be appearing.

Another option wil lbe change the Material decription manually at time of Sales Order creation, but this is prone to error & mistakes.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you maintaining these three as seperate material in material master? if yes, one option could be to change material description in print out only. you can have your technical guy to assist you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

Sorry for such late discussion again.

Our implementation just started and while trying out the suggestion for CMIR the consultant says that for one material code only one CMIR record can be maintained.

is this the case.

Thanks and regards

Arun Kumar Menon.