cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Capture Excise during depot returns to Plant in J1IJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what is the process flow to capture Excise in J1IJ during depot returns to plant. 

Scenario

User wants to send back the material which came to depot to plant.  During this process he has done migo and VL10b , after this when he is trying to capture in excise based on the delivery document

the excise is not flowing in J1IJ

What is the process to caputure excise in J1IJ

Regards

Kumaresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashok  thanks for your update.

Your process helped to recollect the things, since it was done long time before.

The reason for excise invoice not flowing was due to the below reason

The excise inovice was not flowing becasue of the user inputing the wrong batch . The batch from the plant to depot was different. And while doing returns the user has selected some fresh batch and serial number and have processed it.

thanks for your update.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use SCN Space - Internationalization and unicode for posting your CIN related queries. Discussion moved to Internationalization and Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your update... Will do accordingly in next thread.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaresh,

If you are sending material back to the Plant from Depot please follow the below process.

• Depot will create a STO (PO) in ME21N where supplying plant will be Depot and Receiving plant will be Plant.
  • Depot will create delivery from the STO in VL10B.
  • Capture Depot Excise invoice in J1IJ wrt Delivery.
  • Create Proforma in VF01 wrt Delivery.
  • Plant will do the MIGO wrt same Delivery.
  • Excise register update in J1IEX with material doc.

Please provide your exact issue if possible with error msg no.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your update

When the document enter in J1iJ  the excise value is showing "Zero".

What document should I use in J1iJ and tab should I select and what document number should I need to enter

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try the below procedure in Dev/Qas and once you confirm that its fine in all aspects. You may suggest the same solution in Production server.

1) Create a STO in Receiving Plant and considering depot as suppling plant and manufacturing as recieveing plant.

2) Create Outbound Delivery in VL10B with Reference to STO created.

3) Post Goods Receipt in VL02N.

4) Create Depot Excise invoice with respect to Outbound delivery and Choose the Mother Excise invoice from J1IJ RG23D Selection.

5) Verify / Post the Excise Invoice in J1IJ.

6) Create / Post goods receipt in Receiving Plant through MIGO and in Excise Invoice tab Choose "Only Capture Excise invoice" and Enter the Excise invoice number and date generated in J1IJ.
Please note, in MIGO Item detail under Excise Item tab you have to Change the Material type as Raw Material. System Defaults the Finished Material type from J1ID. You must change it manually.
And also you have to enter the Excise values manually in BED, ECS and SECS fields. Don't change the Base value. Let it be as it is.

7) Now Post the Excise invoice in J1IEX and display it thorugh J1IEX and ensure the accounting entries are flowing correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

I tried this method and I have some doubts on this. Could please clarify

I have done the same for the STO entering the depot as the  Supplying plant , and manfuturing plant as the receving plant.

then  delivery is done throug VL10B.

and when I enter the J1iJ ( the following are the doubts)

After clicking on the delivery  and RG23D selection 

Should I need to enter the  delivery document  number  which is created for the above proces of the  Depot to manfutring plant delivery number ?

And what Excise group and Series group ( the excise and series group of the depot or the manfuturing plant ) ?

Can I give  the delivery document number of the above process which is generated from this STO ( Depot returns to Manfacturing plant)  and  enter the ( excise and series group of Manfacturing plant) Is that correct?

And choose the mother excise Invoice

the excise invoice through which  the actual STO is happened ( From Manfacturing plant to Depot)  Is that Correct ?

And in Migo Header Screen

Which  Excise Invoice number  should I need to type after selecting the "Only caputre excise invoice" ?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to enter the delivery document number in J1IJ which is generated during PGI. Choose the Depot excise group and series group as you are sending the material from Depot. Choose the Mother excise invoice which you have captured during depot receipt into RG23D entry.

Choose Only Capture excise invoice during MIGO at receiving plant and post it later through J1IEX.

If you can look into my previous message you get max answers for your queries. Have tested the solution in Dev or Qas to ensure the process is running smoothly.