cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Link to Portfolio/Bucket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From within an Initiative and Item it is possible to click on the related Portfolio and Bucket links and then navigate directly to it. It is then possible for the user to make some changes here. I would like to disable this link and simply have the path displayed.

I have tried the following:

I ran se80 with package RPM_UI_WD and then RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_CFG in admin mode. But nowhere can I see how to disable the link

Another option I have considered is to hide the entire navigation path through Admin Mode and to then include the related Portfolio and Bucket fields through SPRO transaction "Define Custom Field configuration" instead. I can then include for objects IPO and RIH fields BUCKET_ID and PORTFOLIO_ID as 'read only' on the Item General Information Screen. I would however prefer to be able to use the existing path with a disabled link

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chatsworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

The user can navigate to the bucket or portfolio if he has authorization to display it... And can change it if he has authorization to do it.

With ACL authorizations you can get easily your behaviour. I think you can check this option,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Clara

I am aware of this but unfortuanately this is not an option as I want the user to have change access by Default for objects below Bucket and thus set the ACL at Bucket level (I dont want to have to maunally set this for each Initiative/Item. If I set Read access at Bucket level then all objects below will have default read access only). I therefore want change access to the objects below bucket level, but not allow the end user to be able to change any of the Bucket values/masterdata.

Regards

C

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

OK, then my solution is not OK for you.

You can check this enhacement : when a user with WRITE authorization open an bucket or an item change the authorization to READ. Then in this case even they have WRITE when they open it they will see only in display mode.

I have implemented a similar logic in my system and it is quite simple.

Not sure if this helps you...

regards