cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not process due to error.java.net.SocketException:Connection Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frds,

we am getting the below error in PI Sender channel.

"Could not process due to error.java.net.SocketException:Connection Reset".

when i am trying to pull file from FTP location. same configuration for other channel is working fine(only file name differ).But this channel is not working.

i Create copy of channel and checked but same error its coming.

i unlock the channel in SAP Netweaver Administrator->resource monitoring->locks. and restarted the channel after this but no luck.

could any one help me out to reslove the issue please.

Regards

raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

It seems connection has been clossed when PI try to pcik the file. check wit FTP admin.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manigandan,

we have two FTP channels, one for ACK and Statements to receive form Bank folder,both channel consists of same configuration.

Ack channel is working fine, we are facing issue only for statements channel.

if there is any connection close it will occur for other channel also, but we are not getting this in ACK channel.

regards

raju

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said that two channels are picking the files from same folder. What option have you set for Connection Mode either permanently or per file transfer.

Set as permanent and check.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramasamy,

we have set the connection mode to permanent already.

regards

raju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

In case there are other sender FTP channels which are working - you can copy from the working one and then change the filename - (as a step for trying to narrow down the issue) to avoid the chances that you are missing something.

Regards

Subhro

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Point No. 26 - FTP Connection Problems of SAP Note 821267 (FAQs on File Adapter).

Might be helpful.

Regards,

Pranil. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranil.

i have checked this note, the core ftp connection firewall/packet setting, configuration,every thing fine, i have tried active to passive "vice versa " change but getting JVM_Bind error.

if i changed the timeout setting =600sec and polling 900sec, i am getting the timedout wile reading data error.

regards

raju

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

This error is due to firewall issue.Check if the respective port is open while connecting to your FTP Server.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

we checked the firewall its working fine,

we have come to know that every time the channel is getting LOCK.when we checked in NWA, but we are not sure how to delete the LOCKs.

regards

raju