cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results recording in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

While doing a GR the system says the inspection lot cannot be created.

This is the message i receive

Diagnosis

The inspection lot processing data is inconsistent. An inspection lot can therefore not be created.

Procedure

To find the inconsistency, call up the function for creating an inspection lot and proceed from screen to screen.
The error messages displayed there will provide additional information why an inspection lot cannot automatically be created.

Note

You do not need to save the manually created lot.

But when i create inspection lot manually it allowing without any error.what is the issue here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of inspection lot were you trying to create automatically and what type of inspection lot did you try to create manually? I suspect they weren't the same. Try doing the manual creation using the same inspection type.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This SCN forum is not very user friendly to interact with gurus's.

Now coming to the my question,The system had a FI error so it was not allowing to create a lot automatically but it is allowing manually.Sorted out the FI error & created the inspection lot.

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sandy,

it would be very nice if you would share the "FI error".Just want to understand that how an "fi error" could trigger this behavior?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OB52 configuration was missing for M,but still why it allowed to create manually.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be because the automatic creation of the inspection lot required a stock posting.  You must of been trying to create an 01, 04, 08, are similar stock relevant inspection lot.  It's why the question was asked of you "What type of inspection lot are you trying to create."  It might have given us a cluet to help you.

If OB52 was not configured right, the system can't do any stock movements or postings.     You see the same issue sometimes, especially in sandbox systems and development systems when the current posting period isn't rolled over at the end of the month.  It would also prevent you from making a UD with a stock posting as well.

But since a manually created inspection lot does not require any stock postings, since all manually created inspection lots are not stock relevant, you wouldn't hit the same error.

FF

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fire Fighter,

thanks for nice explanation.

Regards,

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandy

Please provides the details are asked by QM people. so that proper answer could be given.

regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirm that the parameters that you put while doing IL manually are same as that of the parameters while doing IL manually.For example qty,container number,inspection type etc.