cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 14.0 InSQL Data Server Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

MII 14.0 InSQL Data Server Connection

I'm in need of a Data server connection for InSQL connection types.  The InSQL default JDBC connection is com.inet.tds.TdsDriver, and this does not complete the connection to my SQL Server.  Does anyone know if the com.inet.tds.TdsDriver is available or necessary? 

This is the error in the log.

Thanks,

Brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam and Jeremy,

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver and jdbc:sqlserver://MSSQLSvr:1433;databaseName=Runtime worked, the JDBC Driver: name was mixed up. Thanks!

Brad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam and Jeremy, thanks for the quick responses.  I deployed sqljdbc4.jar, and am currently working on the Connection JDBC Driver: - I'm using com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, and this does not run.  For Server URL: jdbc:sqlserver://myMIIaddress:1433:database=tablename.  Any thoughts on what could be incorrect here?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos

Brad,

What is in the SAP NetWeaver logs, you can get to them via the MII Menu -> System Management -> Log Viewer

There you will see the error as to why the connection failed.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing 'no suitable driver' errors, see here:  http://www.dbvis.com/doc/microsoft-sql-server-database-drivers/  (or look in the help from where you downloaded the driver).

The driver path seems mixed up and your connection string doesn't look kosher either.

Also search the forum for insight on security (mixed mode) and make sure your SQL Server has static ports instead of dynamic, or else the 1433 won't work.

0 Kudos

Also for the JDBC URL you may want to try:

jdbc:sqlserver://MSSQLSvr:1433;databaseName=Northwind

so no : and use databaseName and not database.

Sam

0 Kudos

Brad,

You have to upload the JDBC driver you wish to using in the MII Menu -> System Resources -> JDBC drivers page.  Then you can specify the proper classpath for your driver in the Data Server definition.  We are not allowed to ship drivers with the product due to legal stipulations on JDBC driver licenses.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can just use the type 4 jdbc driver for the corresponding SQL server version.  The TDS driver is an older one from the SQL server 7 days.