cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Arguments error when trying to open import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I facing a new error when trying to open import manager. When i open it after giving username and password for selected repository, i am getting the error as "Invalid Arguments". It is occurring for all the repositories in that server. When i checked in logs i'm getting the error as "[MDS=60@m7pci Repository=Ford_BP_ZA]: CatMgrClientWorker.Connect() failed. RC: 0xffab4005 Incorrect arguments " . Can some one please suggest on what can be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Please check if your userid and password is working fine for other clients like Data Manager and all.

This issue seems to be due to login issue only and hence you should check your userid and password once. Please let me know your observations.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

I am getting the same error when i tried to open other clients, I am able to connect the repository in console alone using the user id and password, but for rest threee clients im getting this error.

Thanks,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I would suggest you to reset your password and then try to login again.

Please check this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

We have encountered similar kind of problem once and restarting the server helped us to solve the issue. I would suggest you to restart the server and check once.

Reply us with ur findings.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush & Thamizharasi Nagappa,

Even after changing the user name password, nothing seemz to work out, It happens randomly. After server restart, the problem seemed to be reolved but hardly after few hours, this problem arises again.

When i checked in logs i could find these errors as :

in MDIS logs : Trace warning - CatMgrClientWorker_Login: Unspecified Exit Point

Log error - CatMgrClientWorker.Connect() failed. RC: 0xffab4005 Incorrect arguments

in MDS logs : Log warning : SQL_ERROR SQLSTATE= 54001, ErrorCode= -101, Msg=[IBM][CLI                             Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0101N  The statement was not processed because a limit such as a memory limit, an SQL limit, or a database limit was reached.

Trace warning - CommandAbstraction::PrepareAndExecute caught RCException : 'Invalid external data' (RC 0xFFFFFFFA)

Trace warning - ProtocolExecute:Scope:CatMgr2Server@GetInitializationInfo:             Unspecified Exit Point

in MDSS logs : Log error - Error during syndication. RC = 0xfffffffa, RepTag = Products_IN <M7P [IBMDB2]>, MDS host = 60@m7pci, Agency = CRM, ID = 52, type = CON

Log error -

Could not export repository data. RC = 0x84020000, RepTag = Products_IN <M7P [IBMDB2]>, MDS host = 60@m7pci, Agency = CRM, ID = 16, type = CON

can you please help me understand what type of errors are those? how can this be resolved?

thanks

vinoth

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

From the errors I can understand that there seems to be a memory issue. Please ask the DB team to check on the memory allocation for the repositories. Also check on the number of users that login at the same time. Usually the server will stop running when the number of allowed users exceed the limit.

DB team or Basis do a kind of memory refresh or restart kind of activity. Please check with them.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,   I agree with Thamizharasi,it seems to be a memory issue. The fact that after a restart system is behaving fine for sometime and once a certain memory threshold is reached it starts giving the above errors.It could be a memory drain or other memory issue.  Monitoring and checking available memory usage,DB monitoring can provide valuable insights.  What is the version of SAP MDM you are using and are you running some demanding processes on MDS?   Thanks, Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Thamil,

Thanks for your update, it was a sort of memory issue, our basis team worked on that, but right now i'm getting a new error "Non-fatal error(1202): Foreign key 'F18Text_LId(LangId) referencing A2i_CM_LanguageLookup(LangId)' is missing" Even after doing check & verify operation for repositories, i'm getting the same error again and again.. Basis team has advised me to fix it,.. Can you plz let me know the ways to fix it,.. Im using SAP MDM 7.1.06.254

Thanks

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,  

Please look at Lookup table LanguageLookup which is missing a linking field to any table.Also please look at the section of the report after you verify where this error is coming.It should provide more details about the error. Please update with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Ravi, Now when i checked again after repairing the language setting error was not occuring,. but i 'm still not sure why this error occured even after doing check & repair in console earlier. What should i do if it comes again, why is this error occuring?

thanks vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

The report after you verify has many hints in it.So once any error comes you can get some inputs from report so that we can isolate the area of problem.

Whenever you change schema ,running a verify is helpful post that.The same error should not come again.The cause of this error could be a deletion of foreign key between tables in Dev environment and this change could have been transported to other environments.It will be advisable to review the changes from Dev before applying that to other environments.

Thanks,

Ravi