Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process Inspection lot Sample size = 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM experts;

I am having a strange issue in my system

For a given material;

Activated '03' origin insp type and did not check 100% inspection in the inspection set-up of material QM view.

I have 2 routings (used in 2 production versions of 2 different lot size ranges) and in each routing I have same set of inspection characteristics and both routing headers have same QM data as shown below and the UoM of lot size is 'Gal' ( this is also the material base uom)

The sample data in insp characteristic of routing operation is as shown below, the sample base qty = 1 Pt (Pt = Pint = 0.125 Gal)

The above sampling procedure is having 'fixed sample' and sample factor = 1

In the sample drawing procedure US50-001 (i.e. shown above) the settings are also very std, i.e. 1 primary sample as shown below and no reserve samples or pooled samples.

I created 2 production orders of 2 different order qtys (500 Gal using routing 1 and 900 Gal using routing 2).

To my surprise system is not able to figure out sample size in the 03 origin insp lot of 500 Gal prod order, whereas it is able to determine in 900 gal order.

The 500 Gal Insp lot is having Inspec specs assigned as shown below

But the sample size came out as '0' Gal and in QA02, the 'Calculate sample qty' button is not selectable as shown below. Because of this issue, users are not able to see this insp lot in QE51n to record results

Where as the 900 Gal order's Insp lot is having the Sample size calculated as shown below and it is showing up in QE51n

Before I do my debugging, I wanted to see if  any one can think of the reason why system is not able to calculate the sample size for the 500 Gal insp lot ?

I spent whole day today by re-creating several prod orders, but not able to figure out the reason for this strange behavior.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member988595
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what happened, the control feature was optional, alterado to mandatory and the issue is resolved.

former_member988595
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI

I'm going through the same problem, now withn S/4, version 2020, the control lot size is 320 kg and I need 1 kg of sampling to be removed, it is not calculating, leaving the sample size equal to 0. Please, anyone who has been through this can help me.

Quando executo o cálculo, ele permanece igual a 0.

Patrickcapg2023
Explorer

Hi Marcio

Please check control indicator of mic is required or optional because system only brings required mic for sample calculation.

BR.

Patrick

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The CALC status indicates that the sample size was calculated.  My initial guess is that the size calculated was so small the qty rounded down to zero.  Why I'm not sure.

Have you double checked the UOM conversions in the material master?

Typically the sample calculation is based on the base UOM.  Why did you mention pints?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your post Fire Fighter,

The material's base UoM = GAL. SAP has internal conversion (in CUNI) between PT and 'L' and between GAL and 'L', so there is no need to exclusively maintain the conversion in the material master between GAL to PT.

If you observed the screen shot above, for the 900 Gal batch, the sample size came out as 0.125 Gal and I expected the same for 500 Gal batch.

Anyway, to try out further, I now changed the sample qty to 1 GAL, in all the inspection characteristics of this material in CA02 and created a new production order for 500Gal, still the 03 inspection lot doesn't show the sample size!