cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW process chain monitoring in Solution manager

0 Kudos

Hello  -

I am configuring BW process chain monitoring in Solution manager (7.01 SPS 29) with the below reference -

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2010/07/23/best-practice-bw-pro...

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2010/07/23/best-practice-bw-pro...

I have connected my BW system as monitored system to Solution manager in SMSY and included it in the solution. Now, as per the second link (Setup example), I am in the solution directory, created New Business scenario for BW process chain --> ERP Loads-->Process chain ZPC_test

Then I went to "Business Process details" and selected the process chain.

However, here I do not see the button for "Business Process Monitoring Setup" as shown on the Wiki link.

Does anyone have any idea ?

All the prerequisites are met as per SAP notes

Note 1411885 - BW Process Chain Monitoring - Central Setup Note

Note 1436853 - BPM for BW Process Chains and Steps - Prerequisites

Is there any other Solution manager basic config am I missing ?

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

-Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In solman 7.01 business process monitor setup would be in your Solution , in which you have defined your Managed system

T-code DSWP> chose your solution > solution Monitoring >Business process Monitoring .

Make sure you have BPM authorization to execute the process

0 Kudos

Hello Jayant -

Thank you for your reply. Please see the screen shot below as per Wiki documentation -

This is from Tcode -  DSWP - Solution landscape maintenance - Business process details. I tried to create the structure on the left side as per the above screen shot under "Business processes". However, I do not see "Business process monitoring Setup" that is highlighted in Yellow on the right side. Please see my screen shot below

I see something called "Service report" instead of Business process monitoring Setup.

Can you please help ?

Thanks

Lee

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

The second screen which you shared , show Business process Maintenance  rather Setup .

Please check the security guide or BPM setup guide to check if you have required authorizations .

0 Kudos

Hello Jayant - I have required authorizations as per the BPM security guide (both on solution manager and the managed system.)

I see "Business process monitoring Setup" in Transaction DSWP. see the screen shot below.

However, when I click on it - I get the below dump

Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION
Except.                CX_DSVAS_API_CONTEXT_INSTANCE
Date and Time          08/22/2013 09:51:51

Short text
     An exception occurred that was not caught.

What happened?
     The exception 'CX_DSVAS_API_CONTEXT_INSTANCE' was raised, but it was not caught
      anywhere along
     the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not
     adequately responded to, the running ABAP program 'SAPLDSVAS_PROC' has to be
     terminated.

Can you please help ?

Thanks

Lee

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

what is the ST-SER version in your solman system ?Also check if the ST-PI and ST-A/PI are on the recommended patch on managed system .

check the  Note 1454882 - Advance Corr. BPMon ST-SER 701_2010_1 Support Package 2.

You get more relevant information on the error in SMP.

Regards

Jayanth

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I kow Solman_workcenter is replacement for DSWP in 7.1 but can you see by using new Tcode since i know it works in EHP1 also.

Try and let me know if that works as in if u the setup screen in web ui screen.

Thanks,

Shravan

0 Kudos

Jayant  -

Note  1454882 is not applicable to us. Solman is already on ST-SER 701_2010_1 Level 18.

ST-A/PI and St-PI are the latest -

ST-A/PI 01Q_700 0001 SAPKITAB7K

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0008 SAPKITLRD8

Shravan - I already tried SOLMAN_WORKCENTER. It calls the same program in the background and I get the same dump.

Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except.                CX_DSVAS_API_CONTEXT_INSTANCE

It seems to be an issue with standard functionality. I have raised an OSS message for the same.

Thank you

Lee