Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party billing

prabhakar_shylam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help in attaining a solution. My client has a third party process where the vendor delivers to the customer and the issue is the vendor bills the client with unspecific intervals, client does a statistical GR once confirmation is received about the goods delivery, so my client requires a situation where they can bill their customers immediately after the goods are delivered to their customers. instead of waiting for the vendor to send the invoices to my client and client raising the invoice to their customers.

I am looking for a feasable solution which can be given, which would be more like a delivery related billing..

would this be a feasable option to have a z programme where client checks the deliveries (report) and does the billing thereby customers can be billed immediately after the goods are delivered to customers. or any options which can be used without going for a z report.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently achieved this with standard configuration in MM and SD. High level steps to trigger billing from PO GR were as follows:

• MM – Maintain Account Assignment Category: requiring a PO goods receipt (copy from existing 3rd party if you have one and include GR flag).

• MM – Define combinations of Item Categories and Account Assignment categories: Link the above to your existing 3rd party item category.

• SD – Copy standard TAS item category: to create new one i.e. ZAS and set billing relevance to ‘B’ (billing based on GR quantity).

• SD – Define item category group: i.e. copy BANS and name ZANS (which you add to material master).

• SD – Assign item categories: Sales order type > item category group > default item category.

• SD – Define Schedule line categories: Create and reference your MM Account Assignment Category from the first step, also include your purchase requisition doc type and MM item cat.

• SD – Assign schedule line categories: Link sales item cat to your new schedule line category ( Now the sales orders cuts a Requisition with GR flag ticked).

• SD – Maintain Copy Control for Billing Documents: For your new item category set Billing Quantity to ‘E’ (Goods receipt quantity less invoice quantity).

Sales billing should now work based on PO goods receipt quantity.

Regards,

Neil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

SAP has provided a standard solution for this particular business scenario.

It is third party with shipping notification.

For entire configuration, process document and scenario overview provided by SAP, please refer to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/J54_ThirdPartyWSN_EN_US.htm

Regards

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu S,

There is a consulting solution for this provided in note 84229 - 'Third party based on goods receipt'.

In the standard system indivdual PO & third party scenarios are
supported with item category TAB (del rel.) TAS (order rel.)

============================================================
  Item Cat Bil Relv    Copy control Bil Qty      System reaction
    F                      F                    The order does not
                                                appear on the Due list
                                                until Inv verification
    B                      E                    Order placed in Due
                                                list immediately after
                                                creation
Third alternative is to implement note 84229
These are the only supported configurations for Third Party order billing.

The billing index entry (VKDFS) which allows you to bil the reference document is only created when the MM invoice receipt is posted in the standard, so you need this modification to be able to bill the reference document in advance of that. See the note for details.

Kind regards

Brian

prabhakar_shylam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian,

I will check the note . The scenario is client wants a delivery related billing.. the moment GR is done.

Regards,

Prabu

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

If it is only the issue that you want to raise bill before invoice receipt from customer then this can be achieved by doing config at Item Category level for item Category TAS, make field Billing Relevance as B instead of F but will allow to bill without MIRO for new Order not for which PR is already created.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prabhu,

PLs follow the instructions by Mr. Ajit Singh, Exact Answer by him. you can bill the customer before the MIRO . Just follow him.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

You try below possibilites which may help you in resolving this issue.

1. Set a Billing block in the Sales Order, Once upon Delivery of the material to customer (based on the notification recieved by the vendor) Unblock the billing document from SO and Create Billing document.

Please note that in the item category setting should be order related billing.

2. You can shipping notification function configured for Vendor Delivery the material to customer based on that you can bill the customer.

3. You can look for some enchancement if this needs to be done automatically (Workflow configuration).

Regards

Muralidhar Shetty

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

This is available in standard, in copy control "VTFA" at item level maintain the billing qty as "E"Goods receipt quantity less invoiced quantity . & try to bill now.

Regards,

Rajesh

prabhakar_shylam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the information, but we want to acheive the billing option before the vendor invoice (MIRO) so just after the MIGO we want to invoice the customer.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu

Did you check the workaround in 84229. This is what it provides. This is not possible in the standard system but it is possible with the workaround in the note.

Rgds

Brian

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One suggestion. If your vendor has a standard time for delivery, perhaps you give the solution, do an order billing instead a delivery billing (in the copy rules you avoid the GI as a requirement) and create your own VOFM requirement with this time (eg: 1 day, 18 hours,...) for avoiding it could be billing before time. In your VOFM you can use function modules to control the factory calendar (for instance, weekends and so on)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo