cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender - Update SQL Statement with "EXECUTE"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am using a JDBC sender adapter for a new interface and I'm using oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver JDBC Driver.

Connectivity is good and the Query SQL Statement is working as expected.

Now I need to execute a procedure once the data is read from the DB, and for that the DBA sent me a screen where he is able to successfully run the execute like this:

"EXEC TEST.FLAG"

This is working fine from his end and he tried with the same username I am using but when I try this sentence in the "Update SQL Statement" box I am getting this error:

"The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement '. For details, contact your database server vendor."

I read that this might be limited to UPDATE, DELETE or INSERT sentences, so there is no other way that I can execute a store procedure here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with oracle it's not possible to execute stored procedures in sender jdbc adapter,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are using Oracle Version 9. Stored procedures are not supported in this version from PI.

Please go through the link below for workaround

http://scn.sap.com/people/jegathees.waran/blog/2007/03/02/oracle-table-functions-and-jdbc-sender-ada...

Ambrish