cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong in the ST02 output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new in SAP basis , I was working as a DBA . There are a lot of select queries running on the database which slows down the system.

Because of long running select queries many dialog processes go into Private Mode and ultimately everything slows down.

Increasing the extended memory I feel isnt a solution since the long running queries will exhaust the increased space too.Explaining select statements donot show table scans. Kindly tell me whats wrong in the ST02 output of my system and what is it I missing in my analysis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadesh ,

Looking at screenshot , it seems system extended memory is completely used and low also . Extended memory should be quite enough , so that work process should not not go to Heap memory always . Could you provide us some details like  what are value of Memory parameter ( ST02 --> Current Paramters )  and what is physical memory size of your SAP server ?

rdisp/ROLL_SHM

rdisp/PG_SHM

rdisp/PG_LOCAL

em/initial_size_MB

em/blocksize_KB

em/address_space_MB

ztta/roll_extension

abap/heap_area_dia

abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

abap/heaplimit

Based upon these paramters and RAM , we can be able to find if paramters are set up to par .

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

rdisp/ROLL_SHM 32768KB

rdisp/PG_SHM  32768 KB

rdisp/PG_LOCAL 150 KB

em/initial_size_MB 4096

em/blocksize_KB 4096

em/address_space_MB 4096

ztta/roll_extension 6000000000 Byte

abap/heap_area_dia 4000000000 Byte

abap/heap_area_nondia 4000000000 Byte

abap/heap_area_total 1000000000 Byte

abap/heaplimit 40000000 Byte

RAM is 50GB

Thanks,

Swadesh

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadesh ,

Looking at paramters you provided , only paramter change which can help here is em/initial_size_MB  which is set to 4 GB , it is too low . if your DB also resides on same server i will ask to divide memory between DB and SAP . intially you can increse it up to 15 GB as of now to look how SAP behaves ( will reduce the Priv mode of Dialog ) . you can check more information of this paramter in RZ11  and then increase this paramter value more if needed .

Hope this helps .

Thanks

Manas Behra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mr Das i am satisfy with manas behra and utkarsh kumar answer

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das

Based on you ST02 screen short you may require to increase the Memory and buffer values could you share the OS /DB configuration details?

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swadesh,

Log in to the system and run transaction ST02 -- click on GO TO-  then PROFILE PARAMETER - then CURRENT. It will display you all the parameter related to Swaps and Memories.

From here you can compare all the memories parameter and values.

Right now you go through SAP Note 835474(More than 32 GB extended memory)  and 146289(Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP KERNEL)  and accordingly you can adjust the values of the parameters.

By increasing parameter value of em/initial_size_MB you can increase your extended memory and you can check the dependencies from above mentioned SAP Notes.

For further clarification can you tell me your Kernel version and Physical memory details and also the OS details.

You can also go through below link for better understanding.

http://www.sap-perf.ca/run-sap-st02-memory-monitor/

P.S.- You can change the parameter value from RZ10 and and also SAP Note 146289 is for 64 bit kernel version.

Get back to me if you need further help.

Regards,

Utkarsh