cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MDM and NW MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a short answer for this one: What is the difference between "SAP MDM" and "SAP Netweaver MDM".

Is "SAP Netweaver MDM" based on "SAP MDM" and enhanced by webinterface?

Thanks,

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Are you sure you want the difference between SAP MDM and SAP Netweaver MDM? If so, there is no difference between SAP MDM and SAP NetWeaver MDM, both are the same. SAP MDM falls under Netweaver practice like SAP PI, BODS, etc.

SAP Netweaver is a technology under which there are a lot categories. Information Management is one such category and SAP MDM falls under this. SAP BW, SAP ILM are few others which fall under this Information Management along with SAP MDM.

In a nut shell SAP Netweaver MDM is called as SAP MDM.

However there is a lot of difference between SAP MDG and SAP MDM. Request you to post your query precisely.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, now I got it.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

I request you to close this thread if your query has been resolved.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

To give a Short answer to your query, i would say that SAP Netweaver MDM always refers to MDM Tool provided by SAP. This tool consists of mainly 4 components viz. SAP MDM Data Manager, SAP MDM Import Manager, SAP MDM Console and SAP MDM Syndicator.

SAP MDM in general refers to any Master data that is used in SAP(not related to MDM tool) ECC for example Customer Master, Vendor Master, Material Master, Finance Master data etc etc. But generally people refer to SAP MDM tool by only saying SAP MDM.

I hope i have clarified your doubt here. Please let me know in case you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

fabianl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

additional to Ankushs reply.

SAP NetWeaver MDM also named as "Enterprise MDM":

Generic, multi-domain product supportingall domains and use cases in the enterprise.

SAP MDG also named as "Embedded MDM":

Out-of-the-box, domain-specific master data governance applicationsto centrally create, change and distribute master data with a focus on SAP Business Suite.

Additional check for e.g. this: http://events.sap.com/teched/en/session/917

Hope this helps!

BR,

Fabian