cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Communication channel lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a File to File scenario on XI 7.0and I have to use RFC LookUp to get some information from ECC. I found some blogs and they talk about using RFC receiver communication channel. But the data is coming to XI where it's used in mapping, since it's outbound shouldn't I use a Sender RFC communication channel for the LookUp? I think I don't need to create any Sender agreement for RFC look up channel? So just DT, MT and Message Interface will do for the RFC Lookup channel? So when I have two message interfaces at one side, one for File and another for RFC will it create any problems?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

>>since it's outbound shouldn't I use a Sender RFC communication channel for the LookUp?

RFC is Remote Function Call, for RFC look up, you will be calling the function remotely from PI.

So you will need RFC receiver channel and not sender channel.

Just create your normal file to file scenario, then additionally create an RFC receiver channel in ID, no need of any sender/receiver agreements.

Then in message mapping, create an UDF to call the RFC at run time which will return the look up value.

You can refer the below document on RFC look up.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d90a91-3cf4-2a10-d189-bfd37d9c3...

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I went thrugh that link. Thanks a lot for that.

I got just one doubt. In the lookup he mentions about inbound arguments, inbound arguments mean the ones returned by RFC lookup or the one provided to the Lookup tabe?

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The inbound arguments refer to the input parameters passed to the look up UDF.

The String 'returnValue' used in that example will have your look up response.

Regards,

Zameer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

You need to use RFC receiver channel for lookup not sender channel/sender agreement so that you can get required information from your ECC system.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your version is 7.0, your feasible option is use UDF and implement RFC calls. Use it in mapping.  Refer the above link for implementation. If you need further assistance, please elaborate more ...

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

You would need a receiver RFC channel and no sender agreement. If you are on PI 7.1, RFC Look up is available as a standard function.

Ambrish