cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Help

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

I need some adivice on how best to handle an issue we have regarding billing, but let me explanation the siutation.  On our deliveries we add freight as a separate line item on the delivery.  If the customer master has a billing block, or the sales order has a block, or something else is wrong with the sales order that would prevent the items on the delivery from billling, the line item on the delivery for the freight generates an invoice.  The problem is every night we continue to bill the freight until the sales order is corrected or the customer master is corrected.  I am in the process of trying to fix this issue, and wanted some advice on how best to resolve this issue.  I have found userexit_set_status_vbup in FM LIPS_STATUS_MAINTAIN.  I am trying to prevent the freight from billing, but have noit had much luck.  The other option is to allow the fright to bill once and then prevent it from billing again.  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazurek.

What I understand is you need to block the freight item from generating a billing document.

And I assume that the PGI is done for that particular item which is getting billed by a batch job.

SAP has provided a comprehensive functionality of creating blocks at different levels. Please go to the following path:

SPRO - logistics execution - shipping - deliveries - define reasons for blocking.

Configure as per to your need an test.

Thanks

Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if a document is having only freight (condition record) to be billed (and no main item)...it should be stopped. how you doing billing...is it a job or program that you are running at night? what you want to achieve by setting status?

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

The freight charge is not a condition, it is an acutal line item on our delivery.  So in my example I have a delviery with 4 items, three of the items are related to the sales order, and the fourth item is the freight charge related only to the delivery.  We have a billing job that runs every night, but I can replicate the issue by running VF01.  I am hoping that by changing the status I can prevent the freight charge line item from billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry...i visualize it correct but wrote it wrong. do you have different item category for freight (i guess it should be different). if yes, can you make use of that. my point here is that if somehow you differentiate this item with others AND this distinction you can use in the billing job to stop further billing for  documents which contain only such item(s). stop billing is a different part that you can discuss with your technical guy later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try having that Freight line item in the sales order if possible.

Also the freight line item is not a physical product to be delivered. Even if you get to know only durinf the delivery execution still you can go ahead and enter the Freight line item and Bill it if there is no block in the sales order.

We had simillar requirement and followed the above.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards