cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB problem with Java EE 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error after deploying a large number of projects.

Space for user session exhausted

and the stack trace is:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database connection initialization failed. Check if the database is running and the database properties.

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initializeSynchronizer(Bootstrap.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:217)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:160)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:409)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:153)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:48)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:176)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:283)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:57)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.HelperImpl.getConfigurationHandlerFactory(HelperImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:77)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initializeSynchronizer(Bootstrap.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:217)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:160)

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-907]: Space for user session exhausted

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.createException(ReplyPacket.java:72)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.throwSQLError(ConnectionSapDB.java:946)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:584)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:454)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:390)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.<init>(ConnectionSapDB.java:114)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:194)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.createVendorConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:50)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.getPooledConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:37)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:685)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.newPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:629)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:157)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:211)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:353)

... 14 more

I looked for some DB management tools delivered with the installation but I couldn't find any so I downloaded the Database Manager from mysql. I can't figure out what my database logon should be? I tried Administrator and my master password and I also tried the windows user I installed the Netweaver platform under. Neither worked. Does anyone know what the database user and password is? And what configuration setting I need to change to expand my user session space?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. I downloaded the Database Manager from the maxdb web site. You can login with SUPERDBA and the master password you entered when you installed. Once you login to the Database Manager - go to the Configuration tab and add a Data Volume.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response.

Answers (0)