cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Rejected?? Need moderator reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had my question: "Report Painter (cost center data)" rejected by a moderator, even though there what nothing wrong with the discusstion question!  I even received a reply from someone on the question.  Can a moderator please get back to me and tell me why?  I was given no explanation, just a rejection.  I don't understand why it would have been rejected. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please make sure you didn't receive a message attached to the notification, where moderators add notes: http://scn.sap.com/actions/notifications

Discussion threads are often rejected because they are a repeat of a question that has been asked and answered (just like your query here) and there's no demonstration of an attempted search prior.

For example, here's list content about report painter in SAP ERP Financials: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/financials/content?filterID=content~objecttype~showall&query=Report...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as an FYI, I never receive any notes/messages attached to any rejections I get.  Also, I did search ahead of time (as I always do) to get an answer before I make a post.  I tried to ask a specific question.  But i'll just put that project to the side lol. 

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That doesn't seem right: you should have received something. You sure it wasn't waiting moderation? (Have a look again.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your observations. I have posed a questions couple of days earlier, about TC conversion to EUR, USD. There are similar cases, But I didn't see solution for the problem I have brought out in my post. I did enough search, then only posted.

Kindly let me know what else I should do.

Thanks,

Sonti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I swear, i looked in actions/notifications and all it says is that it was rejected.  There were no comments or notes telling me why.  There is only a link next to it to my discussion.  Then when i would click on the link, it would tell me that i was not authorized for that page.  It wasn't until just now when you shared my discussion with me that it actually let me look at my own discussion.  But no notes from the moderator.  It's okay. I'm just going to start over again with my search and then go from there.  I'll probably try to ask a more specific question next time.  I dont want to drag along this discussion question anymore 🙂  Just wanted to reply to your last post to let you know that I don't have the to ability to see any kinds of notes or messages from the moderators.  Thank you for giving me access to see my rejected post though.  It helps. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

its not like there is something wrong in the discussion then only it will be rejected, may be somebody ask/create same discussion earlier also and you may be creating a new thread for the same so they rejected this.

Please search on scn if its there already ?

and as Oliver said follow those things also.

BR

Chandra...

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

we have recently release a feature on SCN which exposes the moderators of a space in the people browser. E.g. for the space this would be here: http://scn.sap.com/community/support/people

I would suggest you contact the moderators directly to clarify the issue.

Best,

Oliver