cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic PI scenario-Need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm developing my first scenario in sap pi. However got stuck in between, need help.

I have created below things.

Design objects:

• Created SWCV in SLD and imported to ESR.
  • Under swcv, created namespace under it.
  • under namespace i created two datatypes-details and details 1.
  • in details, three elements ""firstname" "second name" "lastname". In details 1 one element "name".
  • Created two message types "customer1" and "customer2" in customer 1 i referred details and in customer 2 i referred details1.
  • created one outbound service interface vkt_out and one inbound service interface vkt_in.
  • created message mapping. referred two message types customer 1 and customer2 in source and target structures.
  • created a small mapping  just concat function.(tested also working fine).
  • Created operation mapping, referred vkt_in and vkt_out as source and target interfaces and also referred message mapping.

Configuration objects:

1. created configuration scenario.
  2. created one business component bc1 for sender and bc2 for receiver.
  3. Communication channel 1 for sender, used file adapter and gave one folder from my local system as source path
  4. Created Communication channel 2 for receiver, used file adapter and gave another folder from my local system as target path.
  5. created receiver determination, gave sender and receiver details as bc1 and bc2.also referred outbound and inbound interafces.
  6. Created interface determination, referred receiver and sender interfaces, business components. actual problem started here.

issue:

I could able to refer operation mapping in point 6. In value list of operation mapping, my operation mapping is not available.

Queries:

• How to proceed further, what file should i keep in source path.
  • If i keep some text file in source path how file adapter modifies it according to my datatype and message type.
  • Any other objects need to be created. How to execute my scenario i mean any "run" type command will be there or automatically it starts.

Please help me. Please give me detailed explanation .

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

give path like this

\<folder name>\

Thanks

Regards

brahmaji

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Check the following :

1) All the ESR objects are active

2) Interface and namespaces for operation mapping is same as you are using in interface determination

3) For the starting test - go to the mapping test tab and take the source xml message with some values and put it in the source test file.

4) You mentioned about testing from local system - can your PI system access your local system.

You can look into the link below :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3716

Regards

Subhro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created basic scenario as explained above. Now everything is working fine. But file is not moving from sender location to receiver location. i doubt source and target path.

i gave my local system(vm) path since pi is installed in vm box of my laptop.

Could you please let me know how to specify path(/ or \)..etc...settings to be present in adapter.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the path in sender communication channel and check whether it is activated or not.

BTW what is the processing mode you chosen?

Regards,

Mastan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mastan,

I have given "test" mode.

How to give path directory, i mean using forward slah or backward slash....

Regards,

Ch.venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't give processing mode as Test as of now, give as Delete.

Example path

\\sandbox\data\xxxx\xxxx\in

Regards,

Mastan vali

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below document and cross check your steps.

Also, check page 16 and see if you have assigned inbound/outbound interfaces to business component.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4013f6bb-7ec3-2b10-62b5-e5be01e49...

Regards,

Zameer

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2. created one business component bc1 for sender and bc2 for receiver.

did you assign outbound interface to bc1 and inbound interface to bc2.?

6. Created interface determination, referred receiver and sender interfaces, business components. actual problem started here.

did you give values manually for sender component,interface,namespace,etc..

in your configuration sender and receiver agreement are missing.

after you are done with it test your scenario in ID.

you can find many basic scenario docs in net.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan,

While creating business component, i'm not getting outbound interface/inbound in value list so i entered manually.(copy, pasted).

Is it wrong? Then how to get them in value list.

Regards,

Ch.venkat.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

manually copy pasting also should work.

check below link

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/06/25/can-t-find-interfaces-in-the-asso...

also check the cache status overview. in the menu go to environment-->cache status overview

check all statuses are green.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

I already checked this document. It is according to document.

Also have created sender agreement and receiver agreement.

In cache i found four filelds are in red status(fileds are central adapter engine). When i clicked it it's showing error "Unable to display content of an ESR change list, content of SWCV or an ESR object in the Integration Directory".

Please check.

Regards,

Ch.venkat.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ch Venkat,

There seems to be problem in connectivity between ESR(IR) and ID(Integration directory).

Please report issue to your BASIS team. As you pointed out that in ID you were unable to find inbound and outbound interfaces and that your cache is showing red status(it should be green).

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anupam,

Ok. I will discuss it with basis team. Suppose if every thing is working i mean if cache problem is resolved and able to refer message mapping and interfaces.

What type of file do i need to place in source directory. How file adapter converts the file to xml structure(as i defined in message and datatypes).

While configuring adapter i selected

Transfer Protocol: NFS

Message protocol:file

Regards,

Ch.venkat.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to mapping.

do the testing giving inputs for your sender message type.

once test is successful copy the input xml.

in your local machine save this input xml in some notepad.

and change the extension .txt to .xml file. you can give any name like input.xml

open it in internet explorer. if it opens your file is valid.

now put this file in the sender directory and see how it works.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyyapan,

Thanks . One query. It is valid for this scenario only right?. Generally if we know the source file structure(other than xml) then we need to configure our adapter such that it has to convert the incoming file according to message types and data types created by me right?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards,

Ch. venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please also explain the "parameters" tab in operation mapping.

It is saying  "Define the parameters used in the binding of the mapping programs. You assign values to the parameters in the interface determination editor in the Integration Directory"

What does it actually mean and what values need to be given here.

Regards,

Ch. venkat.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes. you are correct.

just play around with this scenario you will explore more.

i think you have clicked on parameter. just click one more time it will disappear.

right now don't do anything on parameter side. just leave it as it is.

make sure you have mentioned source, target operations and mapping program in your operation mapping. it will work.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan,

Our basis team is currently working on this. Meanwhile could you please let me know the next basic scenario, that would help in understanding the basics/concept of pi.

Suggest me some material for beginners.

I will start implementing it.

Thanks and Regards,

Ch. Venkat.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please go through the link below. You can google. Multiple documents are available.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41766

Ambrish

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you already got link from expert.

Check this also.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3808

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Process+Orchestration+-+Process+Integration+-+Exchange+Infra...

you can do search in google custom search for pi related things.

you will get many information.

https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=013447253335410278659:k8ob9ipscwg

Regards,

Muniyappan.