cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include 'Total' column permanently in DP Data View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In our project we have a specific requirement to include the 'Total' column permanently in Data view.

I know there is an option to display the Total column in data view from Settings -> Row Total -> All Columns. But this is temporary. if you go out from planning book and re-load the planning book the 'Total' column will not be visible anymore and it requires to follow the above path to display the 'Total' column.

Here we would like to have the 'Total' column permanently in a Data view. Is there any specific setting or Badi wich can help us to fulfill this requirement ?

I tried the 'Initial' option but in this case the Text can not be modified. Also I do not want to write several macros for each KFs. There are around 22 KFs in the planning book.

Please let me know if there is something which can help us.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit, did you find any solution for this issue? if yes please share with us, we have a similar requirement at our end.

0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

I guess there is no other standard way of doing it.

Either add a key figure and a write a macro in it to add the value

or initialize an extra time bucket and write a macro to sum up all the key figure details .In this scenario,extension of another key figure for total is avoided.

Also you can use initial column avaiable in the data view for writing the sum up macros.

Let me know whether it helps

Regards,

YRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

In 'Planning book Design' under 'Data View' tab there is a field 'Initial Column'. Into that field select the Option 'R'. Once you save and Activate your planning book , a new column would get added extreme right of your Data View.

Now write default macros for the KFs for which you want to display Total Value.

The only problem with this approach is that Text of the Column would remain as 'Initial' and there is no way to change this from planning book design.

To modify the text value we took ABAP help to display the text 'Total' in the planning book.

If your business is ok with the text 'Initial' in the data view then there is no need to take ABAP help.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Abhijit Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Though not related to the original query am asking this out of curiosity.

Normally 'Initial' column is used to display the past elements (say past Sales orders, production orders, Preq, Pl orders etc). So if you are using this to display Totals in your project - the question is - don't you have the need to display the past elements in your project ?

Regards,

Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

Yes you are right. But we had a requirement in one of our customized DP planning book. The requirement was to display the Total value from present to Future periods for different KFs.

We used the above approach for this requirement.