cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  I have an issue wherein the customer is not able to create credit memo with MRP type ZO(Phase out- do not reorder).  The customer goes to the material master & changes the MRP TYpe to PD & once the credit memo is created the MRP Type is once again changed to ZO.  At times they forget to change the MRP Type back to ZO  and the replenishment activities begin for the phase out material.  Can you please advice if there is any configuration required to change the settings.  Kindly advice on this one & help me with the same.  Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Can you please advice where can we map Item category & MRP Types.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have already mentioned in my earlier post that you will the Item Cat. and MRP Type linked in VOV6 t-code.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the customer is not able to create credit memo with MRP type ZO(Phase out- do not reorder).
Since already there would be some user exit to control the above activity, in the same exit, you can very well validate further that when next time if credit memo is created and MRP status is not other than the one Business need, system should stop saving that credit memo.
I am also in line with Raj's comments that changing master data quite frequently is not advicable.
G. Lakshmipathi
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please note that your replinishment activities would happen based on the Scehdule line category (VOV6 - Tcode - Combination of Item Category & MRP Type).

Please do not change the MRP type of the material. Not a Good approach. The system based on your Credit Memo Item Category and the MRP Type of the material = Schedule line cat would be determined and in this case the Schedule line cat will not have Requirement passed to the Logistics module.

Please let me know for any further clarifications.

Regards