cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition MWST - How is KOMK-ALAND getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having a sales order item with a wrong shipping point. When the shipping point is corrected to another one with a different departure country, the MWST condition is actually not updated. Then I look into the price analysis and find that departure country is still the old one of that wrong shipping point.

Our MWST is using standard access sequence - departure country -> destination country. It seems departure country is now getting updated from the shipping point of Customer-material info record. Where is this logic configured and how can I change it to be picked from the shipping point of sales order item?

Any input would be highly appreciated

yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is from the plant field of Customer-material info record

Yes it is a standard functionality which has already been suggested.  If you dont maintain any CMIR, then the next preference would be customer master and then material master.

how can I change the configuration so that I can make the KOMK-ALAND come from sales order delivering plant instead.

Do you mean to say CMIR data differs from your sale order data ?  Ideally, it should not be. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in the original post, it seems the departure country is taken from customer-material info record (shipping point country). I want to understand how it's configured like that. Thanks!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have look on table KNMT for Customer-Material Info Record(CMIR). Let us know whether you can find any other field like departure country or shipping point in CMIR apart from following fields:

Field
Desc.
VKORGSales Org.
VTWEGDistr. Channel
KUNNRCustomer
MATNRMaterial
ERNAMCreated by
ERDATCreated on
SORTLSearch term
KDMATCust. Material
POSTXCustomer descr.
LPRIODelivery Prior.
MINLFMin. dely qty
MEINSBase Unit
CHSPLBatch split
KZTLFPart.dlv./item
ANTLFMax.Part.Deliv.
UNTTOUnderdel. Tol.
UEBTOOverdeliv. Tol.
UEBTKUnlimited tol.
WERKSPlant
RDPRFRnding Profile
MEGRUUoM Group
J_1BTXSDCTax code
VWPOSItem usage
0 Kudos

Hi Zh y,

I think you are confusing between Delivery plant and Shipping point because both have the same naming code. As JP has already mentioned, in standard SAP, departure country for tax determination gets determined from delivery plant and plant determination rule is as follows

1) Customer-material info record

2) Customer master

3) Material master

Please let us know what further help is required.

Thanks & Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we do have Plant (WERKS) in the table and that's how I'm testing the source of KOMK-ALAND. If I make a change to the plant so that it becomes another country, I will see the change from sales order when I click on PRICE UPDATE. That's why I assume the current configuration is that departure country is from the delivering plant field of CMIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Govind. Let me make myself more clear.

We are using standard MWST condition and access sequence is Departure country / Destination country. Basically my question is about the source of Departure country. I have checked customizing for Tax country / plant assignment but there is nothing wrong with it.

My test also proves what you described - it is from the plant field of Customer-material info record. But I want to know how can I change the configuration so that I can make the KOMK-ALAND come from sales order delivering plant instead.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you are aware, how delivery plant automatically gets determine in sales order?

In order of priority for determination

1. CMIR

2. Customer Master

3. Material Master.

For example and fields, refer following discussion

- TAX query

- Tax determination & chain transaction

- Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution

If you still have concerns, please elaborate your requirement with example.

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Hi Zh y,

Your welcome...Basically your changing the delivery plant in the sales order manually....then why have the system determine it automatically from customer master info record?

Thanks

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind, actually the case is like this. A user has created a CMIR record with a wrong delivering plant. Then this plant is taken into sales order automatically and triggers a MWST condition value. Then the user corrects the delivering plant in sales order item and wishes to see an update of the MWST condition value. But it's not updated at all and we find the departure country is still from the old delivering plant. Then we realize that's from CMIR.

How come it's not taken from the sales order line...

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After doing the changes in condition records , goto conditions tab in SalesOrder / Billing to the corresponding document in change mode and then click on update button then it will appear the what ever changes you did.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry that I forgot to mention this important step - I did try price update B and C but none of them give an update to MWST because the departure country is still the old one

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI, logically & as per best practices, departure country for tax determination gets determine from Delivery plant, not shipping point. Shipping point only re-determines freight & route.

Also refer, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/af/3f89959e6711d395da00a0c929f4c9/content.htm

Cheers, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK JP, I mean Delivery Plant (as we do have the same code for plant and the shipping point assigned to it). But the update to delivery plant doesn't really have an effect on KOMK-ALAND, which is strange.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

update to delivery plant doesn't really have an effect on KOMK-ALAND, which is strange.

Any change made in configuration will not effect existing doc. To check the effect of this, either try with new sales order or delete the existing line & entry a new line.