cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to XI communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a need to make two XI 3. 0 servers in our landscape talk to each other - I came across threads that say - this is possible through XI adapters -

Assume that my xi boxes are xia and xib and I want to send a message from xia to xib.

What are the steps to be done to enable this communication ? Could somebody elaborate ?

The reason I am asking is that - when I get down to implementing the communication , I get stuck when creating a receiver determination in xia pointing to xib - what is the msg interface and interface mapping that I need to specify in xia . I am clear about using communication channel of adapter type xi to pass the message from xia to xib though.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Karthik.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest i don't have the faintest idea, but the most probably option to achive it is :

first, connect both systems via SM59, and then adding the system in the SLD. When you finish that, you will be able to work with xi adapters and the rest, like always....

I know this is a vague description, but I think it is probably the way to do it.

Bye.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of my colleagues had blogged on such a requirement when they implemented XI - XI communication using a SOAP adapter. Take a look at it and if you have any queries, drop him a comment he will be more than willing to help you out incase you want to use SOAP adapter for XI to XI integration,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a XI adapter based communication - rather than a SOAP adapter based one -

Do you have any links / threads on that - in terms of the steps to be done ?

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I already have implemented a scenario with two XI’s.

Consider this scenario: BsysA <> XI-one <>XI-two<--> BsysB.

Between XI’s you have to configure a XI channel and for the Business systems you should configure the required channels.

In an integration perspective, seeing from BsysA the other XI (XI-two) is considered a Business system. So, when you want to send a message from BsysA to BsysB (whole flow) you must create a receiver determination between BsysA -> XI-one -> XI-two (XI-two is defined as Bsys in XI-one SLD).

Doing the inverse flow the XI-one is defined as Bsys in XI-two SDL. In the receiver agreement of both channels – in header mapping you should put in the Sender service option the name of ex. XI-two and not BsysB, because XI-one doesn’t know BsysB only knows XI-two as a Bsys role. You also need to change the adapter-specific identifiers under Bsys or service to the name of Bsys that you want cover-up.

I hope that helps

Regards,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo

I created receiver determinations between BsysA <> XI-one <>XI-two and then tried sending a message from BsysA - the message went through to XI-one and then to XI-two

In XI-two , I have a single client only whose role is Integration server - now , I get a error message in XI-two - type <b>INTERNAL_ERROR Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS (client)</b>

Ultimately,I want XI-two to receive the message and forward it to BsysB ( based on rec.determination defined in XI-two and was expecting to get a no-receiver found error in XI-two ). But I did not anticipate this message ? Do we have to define another client in XI-two and set it up as a appl.system ? But then , how do we make XI-two route this message to the end business system BsysB

PS :I did the receiver agreement setup as you have mentioned below ( however I do not understand what you mean by changing adapter-specific identifiers ) -

Appreciate your input - in this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo

Could you please help me with my last question - I am on a very critical deadline to make this work - please help !!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

<i>>> Do we have to define another client in XI-two and set it up as a appl.system ?</i>

I guess not...

In Business Sys press twice to open it, change to edit mode and go to Service > Adapter-specific Identifiers > check the values, you have a button to update these values from SDL.

Whenever you need to create a Receiver Determination from XI-one to XI-two you will also need a receiver agreement. Under receiver agreement, header mapping you can set the field “Service Name” with the XI-one. Execute your scenario and your BsysB will receive a message sent by BsysA.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 – Add the Interfaces to the One XI and chack the interfaces properly configured or not i mean inbound /outbound configuration

Once again try to go back to IR and chack and change ,activate the Interfaces and come backto ID refresh the Cache.

Add the Logical system name and client and System ID in SLD

Use the Service name as Header mapping .checn the check box.

Also see the below links

Check out the similar threads, XI to XI scenarios:

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

/people/alwin.vandeput2/blog/2006/06/07/d-xie-soap-part-4-xi-software-component-architecture-for-point-to-point-scenarios

/people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--i

/people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--ii

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Surfing on SDN I found your other threads! Did you fix the issue?

I guess that is fixed and Stefan gave you the solution for your minor detail on the channel >

Like you said you got the answer in another thread which managed a XI to XI communication in a similar fashion. So, if it is fixed close the other threads related and set the points to the folks that help you as well

Keep in mind, when you have your issues fixed, close all the threads related and set your points! As you know, we all have much work to do and our time is always very short…

Regards,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino