Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock confirmation

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have a requirement where in the client wants to be able to create sales order not confirm the stock. For ex he has 1 stock of material m and 3 sales orders he should be able to pick and choose for which sales order he would like to confirm the stock.

Currently the stock gets confirmed as soon as the 1sr order is created.

Regards

Madan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How you are reserving the stock at the moment? If this is with availability check then you can go for delivery option. Dont reserve the stock the time of order creation. When you want to reserve the stock against any sale order just create the delivery for that order and don't do the PGI. System will automatically reserve the stock against that delivery in schedule for delivery.

If you want this to be done from availability check then I am afraid it is not possiblt. Because in that check system will reserve the stock against first order.

Check the below link if it is helping for you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2068072

Thank$

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Moazzam for your time I am facing the same issue as per your link its confirms against the 1st order, before posting the issue I had removed sales reqmt tick in the scope of check but it didnt work. I tried rite now after making changes in CP it still didnt work

Regards

Madan shetty

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

I will try the delivery option as suggested by you reservation on delivery creation.I have never done it before will need to read up on it

Regards

Madan Shetty

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check as per the link I have shared. Try to test this at both level in schedule line category VOV4 and OVZ9 credit check.

For stock reservation please google with Schedule for delivery stock in SAP SD. Read it and I hope it will meet your requirement.

Thank$

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frankly, from your initial draft of your requirement, it is not possible to make out, what sort scenario you following for material planning? What is MRP relevant config? Which make this discussion is very open end one.

Anyways, with whatever info provided by you.

3 sales orders he should be able to pick and choose for which sales order he would like to confirm the stock.

Simply I think following, schedule category determination should help, provided you have not made changes to standard configuration:

Item CategoryMRP TypeSchedule Line Category(Default)
Schedule Line Category(Manual)
TAN<blank>CN - No MRPCP - MRP

I'm assuming that your MRP Type is blank and not equal to ND / P1 / P2 / VB / VM /VV.

With this configuration, whenever you are creating a sales order, by default with CN, there will be no availability check. So, the stock will not confirm/reserve against those orders. In addition to that whenever user like to confirm/reserve the stock for a particular sales order, he can simply change the schedule line category from CN to CP.

Cheers, JP

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello frnds its a MTS only scenario but mrp is pd and we do an availability check please let me knw if u need mre info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Please create the sales order SO 1 (Availability Chk happens) and qty if available gets confirmed. While Delivery Creation D1 - Availability Chk happens - Able to create Delivery if the stock available at that point in time.

Say for Example, you SO 1 Created for 100 and stock is for 100 Nos. - Total Qty gets confirmed for SO1. Now if SO 2 gets created and the delivery D2 is also created then the available 100 would go to the delivery D2. Now at this point in time if D1 is created then system wont allow as the stock has already been assigned.

So the options available are : USe Rescheduling (V_V2) and based on the priority perfrome the shipping.

Else it becomes manual process - Not recommended.

Please let me know for any further clarifications

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right direction provided by Raj K, about reconfirmation of quantities.

MTS's are PIRs based. So, ideally stock confirmation takes place at delivery, not at sales order. As sales orders carries forcasted quantities.

Are your order quantities in Sales Order(without delivery) consuming PIRs? Is this your concern?

Cheers, JP

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry abt the delayed response.yes Jyothi that is actually my concern Sales orders consuming PIRS.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, there are many ways to achieve this. But, your business should be flexible enough to adopt to change in standard way. As, prime objective is to have requirement type which will not consume your PIRs, like 011 & 041.

The "schedule line category" solution proposed by me earlier, is the easiest & less complex of all. So, try & propose the solution to your business user. If you/they still have any concern towards, that approach, do revert back with the concern.

Also, do let us know for which industry your are seeking this info?

Best Wishes, JP

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnks JP I will run the cycle and get back to the forum. We are working on a project for a company manufacturing sampling equipment

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you JP your solution works perfectly for me I tested the same in sandbox with the 2 schedule categories planning and no planning. I assigned no planning to the ones I dont want to deliver at this point of time and CP to the order I want to deliver right nw   when the stock available is enough to fulfill only 1 order. I will discuss with the customer about the same. Thanks to the forum
former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add - use a delivery block.

Regards

Waza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Madan Shetty,

Small submission of my knowledge to your discussion, Since the change of scheduline category involves much of manual work so your client may not happy, But you can try for standard back order processing. Let to create every order with Availability check, So some orders will be confirmed as as per stock and some order will go as back orders. So now business can check for back orders and if they want to bring forward, then can change the confirmations via back order processing. You might also check for this solution.

Warm Regards

Siva B