Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Portal Installation & ESS MSS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the fresh Installation of ESS MSS,

1) We need to install the latest SAP NetWeaver Portal.

2) and We need to Configure/Import latest ESS MSS Business package in the Portal

Info:  The current backend is on EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

SAP_HR        604         0059       SAPKE60459                   Human Resources

EA-HR           606         0021       SAPK-60621INEAHR        SAP Enterprise Extension HR

1) What is latest SAP NetWeaver Portal server to install in compatible to the above backend systems???

2) What is the latest Portal ESS MSS Business Package to install/import???

3) Kindly provide me the pre-requisites & step-by-step Procedure to Install SAP NetWeaver Portal.

4) Kindly provide me the step-by-step Procedure for configuration/installation of ESS MSS in Portal.

I am Portal Consultant, as we fo NOT have Basis I have perform the installation also..

Regards,

N S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniele_dutra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Regarding the installation requisites and steps, you can find the installation guides and master guide for NW Java systems at the following path:

www.service.sap.com/instguides -> (left menu) Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Netweaver <version> -> Installation.

For ECC 6.06 it's likely that you will be able to install NW Portal 7.3 or higher, so you can look, for example, under Netweaver 7.3 -> Installation. On this page you should find a link to the Master Guide which can give you more insight on the installation scenarios and requirements.

On the bottom of the page there will be a table, expand item 2 - Installation  - SAP Netweaver Systems. Then select "Installing Systems Based on NW 7.1 or Higher-SW Prov.Mgr.1.0". You should then select the "Java" link under your OS and DB specific combination.

You can download SWPM (Software provisioning manager) which is the most recent installer tool from www.service.sap.com/sltoolset and find more details about it on the SAP Note below:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1680045

Best Regards,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are are looking forward to go with only Webdynpro ABAP services then below Business packages to be deployed on NW 7.30 , 

BPERESSWDA 1.50

BP_ERP5MSS 1.51

BP_ERP5COM 1.61

Regards, KK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I had installed SAP NetWeaver 7.3 enhancement pack 1.

SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 Enhancement pack 1 on Windows & Oracle Database

If anyone looking for the same then you can follow the guides

www.service.sap.com/instguides -> (left menu) Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Netweaver <version> -> Installation.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

You can have NW 7.30 Portal installed in your landscape with ESS/MSS packages of 6.30 and above.

For installation of Portal you need to refer instguides located on SAP service marketplace.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read the installation guides?... this is all available in PAM and SAP Marketplace.

Regards, Juan