Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan installation prerequisites

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

as a experienced SAP Bi developer finally i got the challenge to install SAP SOLMAN. Well, I've downloaded all image files from service.sap.com and decided to go with MSSQL as repository DB. How i understood, the installation itself is straight forward, just point to appropriate Java/ABAP stack and press next, also I found some training materials here in SDn which describes what transactions do i need to execute in order to finish this installation, this part also is more/less clear for me, but these materials describes all the steps when the installation has been completed already.

The main boiling point, is that i have almost 0 knowledge about prerequisites that are needed to be collected before i start the installation. As I understood there is a router connector, which can be accessed via Oss1 transaction, this part is needed if we want to connect our SolMan system to SAP supp backbone?

maybe someone can provide me with the information on what kind of information is needed to be collected and sent to SAP support or some other place in order to succeed with Solman installation, maybe there is well written materials on how to do this?

many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mister Makmerphy,

To follow-on with a Solution Manager Installation without much of hiccups, I suggest the following high-level points:

All the details are available in SAP Solution Manager Master Guide/Installation Guide/Configuration Guides.

1) Study the Master Guide and plan everything

2) Do the preparations i.e. Download Media, Prepare OS etc

3) Do One final requirement gathering i.e. System Name (SID), Instance Number and all

4) Run Pre-requiste Checker before Installation (This will basically check the Operating System compatibility and few other things like kernel parameters and all that)

5) Begin Installation (Its a straight-forward, once you have got all the media in the place it should be pretty easy once you have read the Installation Guide)

6) Conclude Installation by doing the Post-Installation activities such as:

1. Install Permanent License
  2. Configuring Transport Management System
  3. Create new SAP Clients and adjusting the UME of Java Stack accordingly
  4. Patch Kernel / R3trans / tp
  5. Apply latest Solution Manager Support Package Stack

7) Once these basic things are done, it would be a good idea to have a backup before proceeding any further

😎 Next you should do the basic configuration of Solution Manager via SOLMAN_SETUP

9) Basic Configuration is a Guided Procedure along with the required Documentation. You can configure connectivity with SAP OSS inside the Basic Configuration.

If you are able to give a decent amount of time to the documentation before beginning the whole activity, it will come along really well.

Let me know how it goes! ATB

Regards,

Akshay

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your input, will try my luck and let you you all know in case of 'emergency'

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can see the saprouter documentation here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/7612ed5ca5055ee10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

The information to send to SAP is collected automatically once you have run thorugh transaction solman_setup post installation of the system.   That will configure the system for you but you will need to check the questions and answers on SDN to get you through that (I raised a few myself, and I've done this before )

Have fun,

Grahamn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- We can get the all the information including pre requestie also from the installation guide from service market place. Check service.sap.com/instguides -> sap components -> sap solution manager -> release 7.1 , Guide section 3 Planning check list. this could answer all your open query.

Most of the cases pre req is memory, authorisation, you can also refer the release notes.

- for connection between SAP support and Solman, you need SAPOSS ( created by oss1 tcode) , SAP-OSS, SDCC_OSS, SAP-OSS-LIST* RFC, but most of these can be taken by solman_Setup after the installation.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi