cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coutry Group Determination for a Country

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our company License type will be determined based on Country Group/Control Grouping.

However Control Grouping is maintained at Product Master.

Could someone explain, how particular Country Group is getting determined for a country.

In /SAPSLL/LRGCGP table, Country Groups for a particular country is maintained.

For example France (FR) has Country Groups FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF.

From this many Country Groups how particular Country Group will be determined for License Type determination.

Kindly suggest me.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Durai,

Dave is right. I believe, system will find and try in turn for every country group if the indicator "mucgr" is setup for the Legal regulation.

This is specified in the control settings for legal control service(Check Multiple country groups when determining license types).

Some info. which might be useful.

I find following checks in the code

1) With all the set of rows identified from /sapsll/ctypga for a country within validity, system would try to check if any of those are defined as Default country Group(DEFCG).

2) if yes, that is considered as Country group.

3) if not, system checks for the first index in the determined value from /sapsll/ctypga as the country group and transfers that further.

4) Later, the multiple country group(mucgr) indicator that i said is checked.

If that particular indicator is setup for the legal regulation- System will continue determining license types for each country group(determined from /sapsll/v_ctypga)  till it succeeds as Dave said.

If the multiple country group indicator is not setup, system would only use the first one and try to determine with that.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan / Dave,

Thank you very much for your help.

I am new to GTS, that is the reason I am asking basic questions. I posted in SCN since I am unable to find the relevant answers for my questions.

Country France has License Types DECON, EU001, GENFR, GLOFR, INTRA and IVL. All these License Types FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF which are maintained in table /SAPSLL/LRGCGP along with Control Grouping.

I hope Control Grouping will be determined from Product Master.

MUCGR field is not ticked in "Control Setting for Legal Control". In this case, how does the Country Group will be determined.

I request you clarify the below doubt also.

For France (FR) /SAPSLL/CTYGPA table has Country Groups AUB, DEB, EM2, FRGF,HKB etc.

For France (FR) /SAPSLL/LRGCGP table County Croups FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF.

What is the difference between these two tables.

Could you please through some more light on these.

Regards,

Raja Durai

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I think Dhilipan has already explained how the Country Group is determined if field MUCGR is not set.

Table /SAPSLL/CTYGPA holds the assignment of Countries to Country Groups, with validity dates.

Table /SAPSLL/LRGCGP holds the assignment of Country Groups to Legal Regulations.

So, for a business partner in France, the system first finds entries in /SAPSLL/CTYGPA, then discards any that are not assigned to the Legal Regulation in /SAPSLL/LRGCGP.  If any Country Groups remain, they are considered exactly as Dhilipan describes above.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

As per the logic explained above, first system would look for an entry in  /SAPSLL/LRGCGP.

1) This is the table where the country groups are assigned to a Legal regulation. From here, system will fetch all the country groups for a legal regulation with the indicator- 1 or 2 depending on imports or exports.

2) Then with these set of country groups, destination country that you for your document-> System will check table /SAPSLL/CTYGPA for entries with a validity period.

Outcome of the 2nd step is further filtered based on multiple country group indicator as explained earlier.

In your case,

Step1:

Execute table /SAPSLL/LRGCGP with your legal regulation and identify the set of country groups.

Step2:

With these Country groups and destination country. Pull values from /sapsll/ctygpa based on validity.

As you stated earlier, you don't have multiple country group check activated.

a)System will check if there is any entry in the outcome of step2 with "Default country group indicator".

If yes, uses that as country group.

b) If not, system will use the first country group in the outcome of step2 and considers that as the country group to be used.

Later, multiple country group indicator comes into picture. If there is no license type determination setup for the country group determined above.  This indicator is used to instruct system to check license type with respect to other country groups in the outcome of step2.

This is what happens as per my understanding of the code. Please do let us know if you have any queries.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Thank you very much for the response.

I have one final final doubt.

Please consider the following entries maintained in our tables for France.

For France (FR) /SAPSLL/CTYGPA table has Country Groups AUB, DEB, EM2, FRGF,HKB etc.

For France (FR) /SAPSLL/LRGCGP table County Croups FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF.

So if you compare these tables, for France only one Common entry i.e FRGF. So for France FRGF will be the only Country Group always.

Then what is the need for maintaining remaining entries?

Is Destination country has any impact to determine Country Group?

I request you to respond for this last question.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I think you misunderstood.

Legal Regulation is determined from the Supplying Plant country and country group depending on your determination procedure for Legal regulation.

Your case is for determination of license type. For License type determination its the destination country and the related country group which is used for determination.

Table SAPSLL/LRGCGP contains all the country groups dealing with your legal regulation.So, system gets a list of all related country groups for a legal regulation from here(This set might include sending country group and destination country group)

To get the country group specific to Destination country. System then goes to SAPSLL/CTYGPA with these list of country groups and destination country for match.

Outcome of this is the country group which is used for License type determination strategy.

Please check this out for some details on basic Export det. processes.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40747

In your example you seem to use FR in both the tables. Is this a domestic scenario, why do you need license determination from FR-FR.

Can you please let us know which is the sending plant country and the destination country.  Sending plant country corresponds to the Legal regulation.

As per your example,i assume FR is sending country. So the legal regulation would be say LEFR. under this legal regulation you have following country groups

FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF.

With these country groups and say Destination country is US. System checks in SAPSLL/CTYGPA for the destination country group and uses that in license det. strategy.

Now your question on why do we need so many other country groups. you should probably check the set of countries assigned to those to come to a conclusion and decide.

You might see FR or US in all these country groups. But there should be someother countries as well in each of these group. And this formation of group is decided based on specific license types needed for some set of countries.

for example: you need license type A to be used only for germany,france and usa.

License type b needed only for India,China,Japan, France.

To achieve this, we will actually be creating a new country group and grouping those countries accordingly to support license type determination. It's all based on your business processes.

Hope this doesn't seem to be a big story. I am generally used to it

Good luck.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Really thanks for the clear explanation.

I understood the process now.

I had a small confusion over /SAPSLL/CTYGPA table.

Initially I didn't see that Country groups FRG0, FRG1,FRG2, FRG8, FRGE, FRGF are assigned to so many other countries also.

Now I understood.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

During the determination, the system will find - and try in turn - every Country Group for the relevant country.  If one of the Country Groups meets the criteria for your license fulfillment, then the determination will have succeeded.

Hope that helps,

Dave