cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Issue during quantity reduction in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We faced one issue related to Budget and replicated the similar scenario and found the below results.

Here user has created a PR wrt WBS and created PO, GR and IV.

Then cancelled the IV and GR. again has changed the acc ass cateogiry as Blank. Then created GR and IV for partial qty.

As soon as we do the acc ass cat as blank... commitment will became zero and system will allow us to create new commitments.

Now when he tries to reduce the qty in PO same as GR qty(Short closing of PO), system is throwing error as Budget exceeded.

Its bit strange for me.. or system is getting confused because there is no acc ass in PO but the reference has been taken of PR which has acc ass of WBS.

Is the system behaviour correct ? Any changes required ?

Best Regds,

Chanabasappa Kallapur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channabasappa,

For me this behaviour is correct. You have:

Budget : 500

Actual :480

Budget available: 20

IF you reduces 4 unit from a PO they will again committed in the PR (200) and there is not enough budget.

Not sure if it is clear...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You...

I just wanted to undestand that, hence system is checking for the budget while reducing the qty... why the same has not done while we have created some more commitment in between.

Once we deleted the acc assignment category in PO, system will show as 0 value as commitments in CJI5 report. So it will allow to create new PR/PO etc. But after creating new PRs and when we try to reduce the qty, it is checking the error. Without reducing the qty if i click on check button in PO, there is no error.

My observation is - It should have checked the budget while creating new PR also. Please throw some more light on the issue.

Regds,

Channa

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Channa,

Not sure if Inunderstand you:

When you delete de account assigment in the PO the committted is zero because the PO is created  but not for your WBS ( it is like you change the acc element), the PR is totally converted in PO and PO is not assigned to your WBS ( then both committted are zero). When you reduce qty in PO this comes back to the PR where you acc element is the WBS then it is a commmitted.

You can create new PR when you committed are zero but only for a value= 20. ( your budget available)

It is not normal delete the acc element for the PO or change it,if this psition is not correct you should delete it and delete in the PR..

Not sure if this answer you...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Vigil,

We are considering to activate standard error message to restrict changing the acc assignment in PO other than PR to avoid these kind of issues in future. Thanks for your time.

Regds,

Channa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know system behavior is correct because when you are going to create PO wrt PR where account assignment exist as you said.

Regards,

Sanjeev