cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW on HANA : Steps after BW Upgrade and DB Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are having a BW on HANA System which is copy of our Production system. We upgraded BW 7.0 to BW 7.3 SP5 and than we have migrated DB from Oracle to HANA. Now system is handed over to check whether everything works well or not.

Can anyone list down or send the steps needs to follow in sequence to check if everything is fine after BW upgrade and DB Migration ?

Appreciate all your help in advance.

Rergards,

Komik Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very important and often forgotten: Make sure that the SAP HANA parameters are set according to the SAP recommendations (SAP Note 2186744).

muzavor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly also go through the HANA COOKBOOK for BW On HANA migration

https://cookbook.experiencesaphana.com/bw/deploying-bw-on-hana/post-installation/

We have successfully done a couple of BW migrations from Oracle to HANA.

thanks

Regards

Shaik Arshad

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you please check the link i am getting error when accessing it. Thanks.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are refer to asu toolbox for BW and technical steps ->  Note 1000009 - ASU Toolbox 2008

In addition, you can run stc01 as well -> Note 1734333 - BW Pre and Post Upgrade and Migration Tasks

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through SAP Notes but I am specially looking for something with BW on HANA.

Appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Komik Shah

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Komik Shah,

You can download the migration to HDB guide. As per the guide:

Also, there's a very good guide from guru roland kramer - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30fc5c47-61ad-2f10-46a5-c7cd33354...

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas, This will help.

Regards,

Komik Shah