cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Card Masking (w/o encryption) in VA screens.

former_member372517
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance for any help with this.  I have searched the site and found no relevant SCN posts or OSS Notes.

We are having difficulty getting SAP V7.31 to properly mask credit cards in the order screens (VA01/VA02 etc).  We are only storing a token instead of the entire credit card, so we have no need to encrypt.  We are trying to mask all but the last 4 digits which are the same in the token as in the payment card. 

We have set the Customizing setting under “Settings for Payment Card Security” to “Masked Display, Not Encrypted When Saved” (SECLV = 1) and that resulted in proper masking in the Customer Master screens (XD01/XD02 etc), however, I can find no settings to similarly Mask the card number on the order screens.

In reviewing the code behind the VA screens and the CCARD_SEARCH_HELP_EXIT the SECLV setting appears to be ignored. The code I find in these two areas just checks to see if CCARD_GUID is populated.  This would appear to only be in effect for encrypted cards.

Am I missing something? Is there another customizing setting that I am missing that enables masking on VA?  Is this a defect?  Has anyone achieved masking without encryption in version 7.31?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Lisa...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any luck on this one, I am also stuck in the same position?

Thanks and Regards,

Mahesh.