cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA App Architecture doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I've been reading a lot about HANA and I got so excited with this.

I'm with some doubts about this technology and I expect that you can help-me!

I've been thinking about an app that needs read R/3 data, like purchases (EKKO table as.)

But that company doesn't have HANA and I want to develop the view with SAP UI5 and make persistence with OData.

Could my Hana Cloud server read the company R/3 data? Like my Hana database be the mirror of the r/3 ekko table?

How should be my architecture if I want to offer my app with HANA to the company?

If I need to make processes in R/3 like change a custom field of the ekko table, how can I do this?

Thank you guys,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo.

Yes your cloud HANA Server can read the R/3 data with the help of BODS but it depends which type of deployment option you are using for the application.

As far as I know - with developer edition SAP HANA Cloud box we cannot connect the BODS. To have a more clear Idea of different types of deployment option please refer to the following link: which explains all the different types of deployment options and the difference between them.  

Deployment Options | SAP HANA

Regards

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, Jerry and Kumar.

I will study about those tools (SLT, BODS).

I did read the deployment options, so I think that I need to use the SAP Hana One Premium, right?

Or can I use the SAP Hana One with SLT to import R/3 data?

Best regards,

Leo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Yes, besides, you can refer below thread to check which one can you use.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31722

Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Your HANA cloud cannot read your R/3 data directly, you need to import related data to HANA could server by SLT or BODS or import of HANA Studio.

If you are using SPS6, then you can use outbound service function for delete/insert/update to fetch data from your company database, you need to provide service API to HANA XS engine server.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Jerry.