cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST and OpenDocument for Webi

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm working with a client who is migrating to BI 4.0 SP5.  In 3.1 they used the ReportEngine SDK to set the parameters for Webi reports and then view them.  We are looking at moving them to use the RESTful web services and OpenDocument for this.  I know how to get the logon token, the OpenDocument URL, and the parameter info for a report from the RESTful web service.  I've run into a couple of questions, though.

1.  My client has a requirement to not show at least some of the report parameters in the URL because they don't want their clients to be able to hack the url to view data from other clients.  Is it possible to put the parameter information into either an HTTP Request Header (like we can do with the X-SAP-LogonToken) or an HTTP Request Body so that they're not visible?

2.  If #1 is not possible, is there a way to schedule a report through REST that will let us set the parameters?  (Parameters are included in the scheduling documentation....).  That way we could potentially schedule the report and use OpenDocument on the scheduled instance.

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell Stinnett,

I doubt if the RESTful web service is available in BI 4.0 SP5. However, as per my knowledge, Webi RWS is available since 4.0 SP6 & 4.1 SP1. If the migration is to 4.0 SP6, please find my comments to your questions:

1) It is not possible to put the parameter information in the HTTP Request Header but it is possible to send it in the HTTP Request Body.

2) It is also possible to set the parameters while scheduling a document through REST. It allows the user to set the parameters as per his/her requirement while scheduling.

Thanks,

Saritha

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, it's definitely available in SP5 - I've been playing with it there.  However, new features were added with SP6.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The parameters information can be sent in the Request Body. Here is a sample which could help.

<parameters>

<parameter type="prompt">

<id>0</id>

<answer type="Text">

<values>

<value>Bangalore</value>

</values>

</answer>

</parameter>

</parameters>

2) To set the parameters while scheduling, below is a sample :

<schedule>