cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License attribution only wanted on main item

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Export Compliance checking, I need to take BoM sub-items into account, so I set field LCBOM to 'A' in the Control Settings per Legal Regulation.

My License Type has Value Update.  When I run the check on a Sales Order, and check the GTS logs, I see a failure for each sub-component because no value for attribution can be found.

Only the main item has a value.  And even if the sub-components did also have values, I would not want to attribute the License for them, since the sales net value for the main item is the total value that should be attributed - the sub-items are not relevant, value-wise.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to proceed,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Did you try to make use of the depreciation group ?

As the depreciation group is to be maintained at item category level, I suppose then that the depreciation will be done only on the main item level, not on the BOM components of the item.

This is just a guess, hope it helps...

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

If the BoM components were being transferred by the feeder system document, that would be a great idea.  But instead only the main item is mentioned in the Sales Order.  The BoM has been transferred separately to GTS.  It gets exploded by the Compliance call, but has no item category as far as I know.

Thanks for any additional suggestions.

Regards,

Dave

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Another thought: are your BOM components flagged as relevant for the legal regulation being checked ?

Perhaps if you flag each of the BOM components to "no control" in the product master data (under tab Legal Control ) then this will avoid the component to be checked and therefore avoid having the licences assigned to them.

Not sure that making the BOM components as not relevant still fits the requirement that lead you to activate the Legal control check at BOM items.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, as I said in the very first line above, I need to take the BoM items into account.

Thanks anyway,

Dave

Answers (0)