cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on Solman 7.1 SP8 on Windows Cluster VM environment. I am trying to setup Technical monitoring and Diagnostics.

The problems is with the Diagnostics agents:

[Thread[SLD-AssocWatcher,1,main]              ] Error      [SLDQueryBuilder] SLD check connection failed

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMCommunicationException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: HTTP response code: 503 Not Ready

** I have already Increased the parameters as per the section 'Scalability' in the Diagnostics Troubleshooting guide. Also, increased the number of concurrent registrations allowed from default value 10 and increased the number of threads.

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.sap.smd.api.ISMDAgentHandle_Stub:com.sap.smd.agent.loader.FileClassLoader@5f989f84

incompatible with interface javax.naming.Context:null

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.SMDConnectionTask.unbindAgent(SMDConnectionTask.java:1359)

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.SMDConnectionTask.internalAttemptConnection(SMDConnectionTask.java:724)

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.SMDConnectionTask$1.run(SMDConnectionTask.java:107)

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.P4JNDIContextHelper.executeInSecurityContext(P4JNDIContextHelper.java:148)

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.SMDConnectionTask.attemptConnection(SMDConnectionTask.java:102)

at com.sap.smd.agent.connection.SMDConnectionTask.run(SMDConnectionTask.java:1271)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is java.io.EOFException: End of stream is reached unexpectedly during input from Socket

The Agents keep on randomly shutting down with these errors.

I have tried with the smdsetup scripts.

I am using the 'On the Fly' scenario.

I do not find any solutions for these errors.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that pots Kasustubh, take a look on troubleshooting log files,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45491

And re-check all steps trough manual script setup,

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/lsalvador/2013/05/31/scripts-for-manually-setup-diagnostics-agents

Regards,

Luis

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All my Agents are going down periodically with the below error:

Error      Registering agent on server p4://******************* failed - error counter: 6245

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.ClassCastException

at com.sap.smd.local.AgentContextWrapper.initAgentStatusSubContext(AgentContextWrapper.java:133)

at com.sap.smd.local.AgentContextWrapper.init(AgentContextWrapper.java:110)

at com.sap.smd.local.AgentContextWrapper.<init>(AgentContextWrapper.java:76)

at com.sap.smd.local.AgentHandleWrapper.<init>(AgentHandleWrapper.java:82)

at com.sap.smd.SMDManager.buildAgentEntry(SMDManager.java:3953)

at com.sap.smd.SMDManager.registerPendingAgent(SMDManager.java:3776)

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.internalRegisterAgent(SMDServerHandle.java:226)

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.registerAgent(SMDServerHandle.java:176)

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandlep4_Skel.dispatch(SMDServerHandlep4_Skel.java:75)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Does any one have an Idea on this issue.

Regards,

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, have you solved this?

Can you tell the name of the  "number of concurrent registrations allowed"    field?

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

Can you let me know if you ran JAVA upgrade tool after LM service upgrade ?

Regards

Jayanth

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

Could you please let us know how many diagnostic agnets are connected and how many server nodes are configured in Solman ?

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide up-to-date information about what steps you perform and what errors you receive in result. In your initial message you provide only error descriptions without any information what you perform to get this errors. Also provide information about diagnostics agent version you use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Roman, the errors I gave above are from the Agent Logs.

I am just monitoring the agents, not performing any activity right now.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaustubh,

After going through the following.

Error1.txt.zip (1.0 K)       

Error3.txt.zip (1.1 K)       

It is understood that the sld is unable to recognize or read the smd agent.

Aug 28, 2013 3:55:40 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       [p4://*****app157qa:53104] Checking server availability...

Aug 28, 2013 3:55:41 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Warning    Connecting to SMD server p4://*****app157qa:53104 failed - error counter: 1 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is java.io.EOFException: End of stream is reached unexpectedly during input from Socket[addr=/10.196.1.115,port=53104,localport=64274]]

usually, atleast in my case, smd agent is left uncognized due to the following reasons.

1. The agent is corrupted

2. The agent is outdated ( i mean the version of agent is outdated )

Is your managed system's smd agent i.e the error log related system's smd showing up green in mmc??

Nag

Message was edited by: naga sandeep Uppuluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Agents keep on randomly shutting down with these errors.

Hi Kaustubh,

1  The agents must be always up and running. if not

UN-INSTALL and re-install the agent which takes around 30 minutes of time.

2. In solman 7.1, it prompts for an CR CONTENT UPGRADE  when it is required.

but if you want to check and update them.

go to http://<domain name>:5<instance no>00/sld

>>ADMINISTRATION >>DETAILS >>DATA

The latest version of CR CONTENT is 9.x . also refer the below note

Note 669669 - Updating the SAP
Component Repository in the SLD

hope this helps

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Pls read through my posts above. All the points you have mentioned have already been checked.

Kindly let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Updating information on my Original Post.

Attaching the logs for the issues I am facing.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

Do you have updated the CR-CONTENT of your SLD, what versión do you have ?

You have the agent registered on SLD, can you see it on CIM explorer in SLD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on CR Content 9.1 and CIM 1.6.36 as stated above.

I have updated the LM tools and LM service as well to the latest patch levels.

And I could see all my Agents in the CIM explorer.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Message was edited by: kaustubh krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide more information about errors you received: provide all steps you performed that cause these errors and full logs and/or call stacks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do check if your CIM content is up to date according to notes (669669) in your SLD system , where you are registering the DAA agent.( Register your DAA agents to solman SLD)

Check the notes

669669 - Updating the SAP Component Repository in the SLD

1625376 ,1701770

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

Check the diagnostic agent is registered SLD correctly and visible in SLD of solution manager (or Central SLD where you have registered) under Administration -> Content Maintenance -> Class Diagnostics Agent.
If not then register the agent to SLD using smdsetup sldconf command.

For agent connection problem :
While diagnostic agent installation which is the Connection type you have selected,
Is it P4 connection via SCS message server? Are the SCS port details entered correct ?

For Agents on the fly scenario, agents have to be installed on physical hostnames for both servers without specifying any Logical hostname, using the Diagnostics Agent installation package (sapinst).
Then run the "Host configuration" wizard for each host.
Below wiki document explains details :
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support

Regards,
Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

The issue is that the number of agents which are shown in the AgentAdmin are not consistent.

They keep on showing multiple errors which I have described above.

I have already tried with the smdsetup.bat script for registering the agents back to Solman and its SLD.

As for the SLD CIM content upgrade I am on 9.1 and 1.6.36 already which is sufficient for the Solman 7.1 SP8.

Also, as said before I have already increased the parameters for maximum number of agents by increasing the maxthreads, min threads and initial threads in the Dispatcher.

On the Fly Agent config is done as per the instructions in the Agent Installation Strategy documentation.

Also, Increased the maximum number of concurrent registrations allowed in Solman.

I have used the P4 port for Dispatcher - 5xx04.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP recommends that you connect the diagnostic agent to diagnostics in SAP solution solution Manager to P4 connection via SCS Message server  . S0 try change the port to 81<SCS> using the setup script and see if you are facing the same issue.

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

SAP does not recommend using the P4 Ports and the main reasons being HA Environments.

But, the P4 ports should also work the same as the SCS port. I checked but there is no network issues between the systems.

Regards,

Kaustubh.