cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Syndicate Text Attribute Text Value Remote Keys - MDM 7.1 SP10

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not see the option in the source values pane of syndicator as referenced on page 79 of Syndicator Reference Guide.

Remote key fields for text attribute text values appear as <attribute name> [Text Value Remote Key] in the Source Items pane. The remote key field is a child of the attribute value source item. [Text Value Remote Key] items for text attribute values appear for all text attribute values which have key mapping enabled in MDM Data Manager. I have enabled "Key Mapping" on my text attribute text values in Taxomony mode of Data Manager.

I have enabled "Key Mapping" on my text attribute text values in Taxonomy (mispelling of Taxonomy above copied straight from SAP documentation) mode of Data Manager.  However, in Syndicator I only have the option to map the "[Remote Key]" for the attribute.  There is no "[Text Value Remote Key]" option in the source items pane to map/syndicate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

As Thamizhrasi very rightly pointed out,please check the Attribute Definition Key Mapping here:

I too,like above,can see the keys as below -

+

Thanks,

Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Make sure that you have set 'Attribute definition Key mapping' to 'Yes' for the Categories table in Console. You have to do the Edit key mappings for the attributes and for the value of that attribute as well. Try doing this and it will work. For once link a record with the attribute ( with Key Mappings ) and add the values and try it will definitely work.

Please see the attached image. It will come like this.Reply after checking:)

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thamizharasi,

When I posted the original question I did have the "Attribute definition Key mapping" property enabled for the Categories table in Console. I also had "Key Mapping" enable for the individual attributes but I was still not seeing the "[Text Value Remote Key]" option in Syndicator.

Shortly after posting the question and before the moderator approved it, the option did start appearing in Syndicator.  I'm unsure what caused it to show up.  The only change I made that I can think of before it started appearing was that I enable "Key Mapping" in console for the main "Products" table.

However, I am marking your answer as Helpful.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Aaron, close the thread appropriately.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N