cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range "auto-adjust" for Column chart in VC 7.3?

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the older version of Visual Composer we have this option on column chart:

In VC 7.3 it is not there:

Is there another place where we can specify this in VC 7.3? If not has anyone solved this or managed a work-around?

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently I am on VC 7.3 SP04 where this feature is not available, may be this feature is available (corrected?) in VC 7.3 EhP01 SP08 onwards.

Refer to Note : 1833333 (Visual composer - Chart Range property) for details.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vinod. I have requested SP08 application. I'll check back after it is done.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

We now have SP08 applied and the "auto-adjust" option is there but it doesn't seem to do anything. Here is a comparison of the y-axis of the same chart in VC7.0 and VC7,3:

In both cases I am simply mapping the field from the output of the function module.  Notice how in VC 7.0 it nicely adjusts to significant digits and adds the appropriate range indicator (e.g., M or B). In VC 7.3 it just uses the raw number with no formatting. I've figured out a workaround but it's a pain. And I still need to add some indicator dynamically in the chart title (like "Value in Billion $" or "Value in Million $" instead of just "Value".

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this problem and can suggest a simple solution.

Thanks,

Margaret

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret,

This feature is available from VC 7.3 SP10 (note 1833333).

Thanks,

Talia

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

We are actually on 7.3 EHP 1 (7.31). We applied SP08 per the note you referenced (and also to solve another problem for which we had opened an OSS message), and it still doesn't seem to be working. Or anyway it did not solve the problem as I expected. Please see the graphic I posted in my reply to Vinod. I am hoping for a solution that will result in a similar output for the range value labels as the old version of Visual Composer.

Thanks,

Margaret