cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO 2.0 issue with Visual Studio 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was attempting to use the SAP Connector for .Net version 2.0 on a machine that has both Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 installed. However, I cannot seem to get the wizard to work correctly in either one. On VS2005, the SaP Connector doesn't even show up in the project types. On VS2003, it does, but the wizard screen doesn't come up. Instead, I am forced to use the Server Explorer toolbar to search for RFC and BAPI functions. I used the guide published by Anne Tarnoruder, Reiner Hille-Doering regarding this subject (Using SAP Connector for MS .Net (NCO) in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005), however, whenever I add an SAP Connector Proxy item to a project, it generates a half-done SAPProxy1.cs and the requisite .wsdl designer file. After selecting one or more RFCs via the SAP server explorer toolbox and dropping it to the proxy designer, it doesn't appear to update the half-done SAPProxy1.cs. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I am using XP with SP2 and Java 1.5 update 11.

Regards,

Tristan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2003 and 2005 installed on an AMD64 W2k3Server plus sharepoint and all the trimmings, I have the JRE 1.4.2_06. Whilst I havent tried the Wizard, Im a bit of a luddite when it comes to wizards, I have the proxy generating code ok. It doesnt code generate until you save the files, which I found odd, but once saved all the proxy classes are generated. That bits done with Java so perhaps its like the man said, the JRE is the problem.

As for why have both, well when you've written 30 odd web apps in .net 1.1 you have to support and want to move forward to .NET 2.0 then you have both, its a valid installation MS catered for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tristan,

how are you doing ?

as per the pre req for NCo,

u're JRE is requested to be : 1.3

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b4/79cb9463b89a41a73e1e2805eb4bf7/frameset.htm

i successfully use j2sdk 1.4_13, but i am aware of issues when you use jdk 1.5 for other SAP [Portal] related products, try jdk 1.4_12 or 1.4_13 and see if there is any difference

also is there any requirment for VS 2003 & 2005 on the same machine ?

i am curious to understand the problems you are facing with this config

with respect,

amit