cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check at batch level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly advise if there is a standard way to let the system check material availability at batch level. For example, if two users are creating sales orders for the same material at the same time using the same batch; if for example total batch quantity is 100 and the quantity the two users entered in both orders exceeds 100, normal system behavior doesn't issue any message as long as there is stock that covers total quantity from other batches. Can I let the system see stock only from the currently used batch

Below are the settings I am using for availability check

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to assign a routine in the below shown screen print:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your input, i will try it and update the thread if it works

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for being naive.

"Can I let the system see stock only from the currently used batch" - meaning, do you enter a specific batch no. in the Sales order? If yes, then as per your config, the system will look only for the available quantity in that batch.

So if you have specified the same batch in two Orders, and if there is no enough inventory in that Batch then system will certainly not create delivery due to stock shortage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinath,

The standard behavior of the system doesn't issue any message during order creation even if there is a shortage in the batch I have entered in the order as long as there is available stock from other batch. Of course, in delivery another check runs and may generate partial delivery, but I want to control it during order creation (i.e. issue message during order creation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you not using transaction: OPJK to do the availability check, We have the batch determination there rite ?